Clicky

Fast modeling exercise anyone? - The Dragon Blood Trees of Socorta, Yemen

View Poll Results: Do you like and will participate in such fast exercises?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sure will!

1 100.00%
  • No thanks...

0 0%

Thread: Fast modeling exercise anyone? - The Dragon Blood Trees of Socorta, Yemen

Default Fast modeling exercise anyone? - The Dragon Blood Trees of Socorta, Yemen

Hey all,

Let's try something... if it goes great! if not - that's ok too... but I feel your curiosity and adventure sense will have the upper hand!

I'm thinking about a fast modeling session, trying to recreate a trees, shrubs or some other foliage element and this time I offer this as a reference :

The Methuselah dragon blood trees of Socorta, Yemen

First seen this type of tree today online!

From Wikipedia : The dragon blood tree is the most famous and beautiful and distinctive plant of the island of Socotra. It has a unique and strange appearance, described as "upturned, densely packed crown having the shape of an uprightly held umbrella". This evergreen species is named after its dark red resin, which is known as "dragon's blood".

The exercise would be to model this as fast as you can (start and finish the same day) and render it for us to see... it's perfectly ok to have it render in a studio like situation just showing the tree, but if you manage to render in in some location - BETTER!

You can use any modeling app or method and any render engine for this making the tree available for all forum members to explore and learn from.

So, what say you?

Photo by Csilla Zelko

Photo from Wikipedia

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement