Clicky

Rhino V-ray vs. 3dsMax V-ray

Thread: Rhino V-ray vs. 3dsMax V-ray

Default Rhino V-ray vs. 3dsMax V-ray

Hello,

I'm fairly new to using 3dsMax w/ V-ray but have more experience w/ Rhino w/ V-ray. I'm an architectural student interested in photorealistic renders. Can anyone tell me just what exactly is the difference between rendering w/ V-ray for Rhino vs 3dsMax? What are the pros and cons of using either? Which one is better? Which one is better for the industry, etc? Let me know any other pros and cons that any of you have personally encountered.

Thank you,
    Brutus

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    Hello,

I'm fairly new to using 3dsMax w/ V-ray but have more experience w/ Rhino w/ V-ray. I'm an architectural student interested in photorealistic renders. Can anyone tell me just what exactly is the difference between rendering w/ V-ray for Rhino vs 3dsMax? What are the pros and cons of using either? Which one is better? Which one is better for the industry, etc? Let me know any other pros and cons that any of you have personally encountered.

Thank you,
    Brutus
    The difference is huge. There's V-Ray 2.0 for Rhino and V-Ray 3.3 for 3ds MAX. Fortunately, 3.3 for Rhino is in development and will be available in some time. Based on that, Your option should be based on the modeling software you prefer... Rhino / Max.
    Matus Nedecky
    FlyingArchitecture