Clicky

Team : latenights
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Team : latenights

Default Team : latenights

Hi,

best time to join in :- ) Could have been bit sooner but summer was too good..

Joining me is my girlfriend Veronika and brother Matus. Hopefully I'll manage to post something as well, so far such is the plan.

EDIT: Uploaded finals on Page3

Name:  38.jpg
Views: 4490
Size:  58.2 KB
    Last edited by JurajTalcik; 09-16-2015 at 11:33 PM. Reason: adding pics,

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

How are you getting on JurajTalcik?

It's Sunday unwrapping party over here, so I might as well post bit of reference that got me thinking about this back in.... June.

Ever since I saw (3 times) latest Mad Max, Fury road I was fascinated with the Citadel structure. The green slope is only visible for moment but can be cleanly seen from screenshot bellow. The concept while stretched isn't implausible and offers perfect solution for modern terraformed mesa mountain with winery for future noveau rich folks. So this is what what we went with. It's not necessarily situated in current times or current world, idea further borrowed from final scenes of another good movie :- ) Interstellar. Could be anywhere,.. it's simply this dirty, reddish desert area allowing just slight living conditions under the right technology. After all, soon enough, we'll be building something like this on Mars.

Next post will be on architecture.

Name:  Terrain.jpg
Views: 3855
Size:  94.0 KB

Hey Juraj!

Happy to see you here...

LOTS TO DO / LITTLE TIME LEFT
    Late Nights is a good git!

Good Luck

Can't find time to post much but we're working tireresly. Veronika will soon (Thursday/Friday) finish the architecture which I think is something to be seen since it's everything but generic ;- ) and I am doing vineyards while bro was working on terrain.

Actually at the moment I have procedural shader for it but won't post that until I try what happens when I mix it with bit of custom google photos.
    Here is therefore some raw view of WorldMachine and inside UE4. Don't mind the plateau above, it's not going to be visible. Origin of the place is Black Desert, the place of Burning Man festival :- ). We got some pretty ok-ish DEM data from USGC.

Name:  ue_wm.jpg
Views: 3334
Size:  43.8 KB
    Name:  wm_terrain2.jpg
Views: 3296
Size:  66.1 KB

(y) damn tirelessly for sure is to envy

Here are two basic previews of interior, basically this is from our test scene. Each asset goes through import routine just to see how the unwrap/lightmass will go. Tedious but it became bearable, at least concerning architecture.
    Tomorrow we hope to have finished restaurant/cellar/spa but also bedroom. Here, the main hall can be seen.

In meantime, I am battling with rocks, and cliffs. And rocks. Time is short but I think we're fine, don't regret anything yet, at least this crazy tempo is forcing us to learn what we didn't find time otherwise. I had UE4 on disc for year without touching it... now I pay for it :- ).

I am not gonna post any exterior until I figure how to import custom sky in full kind of solution. The default are so dreamy...

With enough protein bars and cans of cola, shutting the team away for few hours a day, anything should be possible.

Name:  Int1b.jpg
Views: 3202
Size:  40.0 KB
    Name:  Int2.jpg
Views: 3151
Size:  51.9 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by JurajTalcik; 09-12-2015 at 12:10 AM.

oh! that looks lovely

Time is getting near, and we're equally baffling random problems ( moving Lightmass Importance Volume just 10 cm can wreak havoc !!) and finishing content (bedroom, vistas, greenery), while also experimenting some last minute stuff (APEX clothing, holy shit does it suck).

I am though, getting addicted to real time glossy reflections. One thing that Unreal blows raytracing out of water. Yes fake, but still fabulous.

Spa is getting ready :- )

Name:  Spa.jpg
Views: 2655
Size:  103.0 KB

Building my first shaders in Unreal, small step for universe, big one for me. Sure does not feel anything like Corona Renderer / V-Ray, though much better. Getting used to all the possible math operations not making this any easy for stupid simpletons like me. But I guess I get it, you can skip those 5 steps in Photoshop, and instead do 10 steps inside Unreal. Not any faster, but quite flexible and you don't need to leave the application. But that instant feedback....amazing.

Did some Corten.

Name:  Corten2.jpg
Views: 2438
Size:  39.4 KB

Lightmas quality level 3, can't wait to see what 10 does. 12-15 minutes so far on my 40 core dual-xeon. 256-512 for everything, 2048 for floors. Lightmass compression is ugly, but 4x memory is uglier, so I'll take the compression until I'll see what I can fit within.
    So many black boxes were necessary to put everywhere to avoid leaks, carefully position lightmass volume as minimal as possible (crucial for quality). But when it's done, it looks so nice, even for photon mapping.

For anyone interested in settings, tried playing with everything, but only found it worthwhile to rise bounces (50-99). Smaller smoothing does create nicer shadows, but it's so gimmicky it's better to avoid the leaks and artifacts. Photons gonna be photons.

Last edited by JurajTalcik; 09-14-2015 at 12:42 PM.

Great progress and valuable information here

How are you with the exterior part?