Clicky

Team : latenights - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Team : latenights

40 core xeon? I'll sob back to my dual core then... great lighting guys. I've found the only way to get around the photon smoothing / crisp shadows is to edit the .ini file and emit a ton more photons as its still noticeable with 100 bounce 10 quality . 10x photons seemed to be the sweet spot between quality and bake time.

cheers!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

would be nice to see some other areas of your project guys...keep up the good work!!

Quote Originally Posted by leftright View Post
    40 core xeon? I'll sob back to my dual core then... great lighting guys. I've found the only way to get around the photon smoothing / crisp shadows is to edit the .ini file and emit a ton more photons as its still noticeable with 100 bounce 10 quality . 10x photons seemed to be the sweet spot between quality and bake time.

cheers!
    Oh, hmm, perhaps I should touch it. How much time trade-off is it ? Thanks for advice, I might try it if I am brave enough.

Quote Originally Posted by JurajTalcik View Post
    Oh, hmm, perhaps I should touch it. How much time trade-off is it ? Thanks for advice, I might try it if I am brave enough.
    from the tests I did weeks ago I found that tweaking

NumImportanceSearchPhotonsScale=x - default is 3 for production
    NumIndirectPhotonsScale=x*3

NumDirectPhotonsScale=y - default is 4 for production
    DirectPhotonSearchDistanceScale=y/8

gave good results. In terms of time trade off, I'd start by increasing NumIndirectPhotonsScale & NumDirectPhotonsScale by 1 each time until it looks good. That alone takes time but I guess bake times will all depend on your scene and number of triangles. Let me know if you find the magic numbers though

When you finish late at night...

Please make it official by entering this here as well - http://ronenbkr.mn/thevineyardsubmit

Good luck!

Hey guys!
    Nice work here! I wish you best of luck!
    Veľa šťastia Juraj!
    Best regards
    Előd S.

I might need it though, merged everything together, and suddenly found lightmaps doing some ugly streaming into horrible mipmaps : /. Edited BaseEngine.ini but it doesn't seem to do anything.

To what value should this be set ?

LightmapStreamingFactor=

High or low ? To eliminate mipmapping. This is what the manual says, I absolutely have no idea what it indicates....

"LightmapStreamingFactor Extra boost factor for TEXTUREGROUP_Lightmap textures."
    Last edited by JurajTalcik; 09-15-2015 at 12:38 AM.

Actually we are having troubles with mipmapping too. I hope you can find a good solution. We are currently turning off manually some key textures, at key shots. But yeah, a global solution would be nice.

Super stressed but going steadily. I still need vinegrape mesh so I might yet open SpeedTree (That freebie does not look suitable for unwrapping given the mesh), and take shamelessly donations if someone feels generous :- ).

Super stressed but going steadily. I still need vinegrape mesh so I might yet open SpeedTree (That freebie does not look suitable for unwrapping given the mesh), and take shamelessly donations if someone feels generous :- ).

i would stay away from using lighmass on foliage - exclude them from lm instead and use vertext space ambient occlusion on it, looks a bit flat but the other way it would be pitch black on some areas which you would not want either
    so the freebe thing is quite okish - did not use it ourselves, speedtree is always good optoin

Fucking matinee doesn't work : / All director tracks are fine, Play/Launch both look perfect yet Matinee Movie shows with something completely wrong...wtf.

Fucking matinee doesn't work : / All director tracks are fine, Play/Launch both look perfect yet Matinee Movie shows with something completely wrong...wtf.
    Can you record it with shadowplay? It's the best way I've found. Matinee export is always messy.