Clicky

Difficult wallpaper material - Vray 3 + 3ds max 2015

Thread: Difficult wallpaper material - Vray 3 + 3ds max 2015

Default Difficult wallpaper material - Vray 3 + 3ds max 2015

Hi.

So I am currently working with a wallpaper maker who wants color samples for his new product to use on his homepage.
    There are 12 patterns with 10 colors each making it a total of 120 combinations, since it will take a lot of time and money to produce in real life I will create 120 renderings.

I have some experience using vray + 3ds max, I consider myself intermediate but I still have a lot to learn.

All I know has been self study using tutorials, mainly Vis corbels.

I have been trying for a while now but i still can't wrap my head around to get a realistic result.

I'm attaching some of the more difficult ones, there are 2 photos each, one without reflections and one with.

The patterns use urushi, Japanese lacquer, it is a reflective paint made from natural materials.

You can find high quality jpeg's of the wallpaper and some opacity maps here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bpg076vky...2ocMG_X2a?dl=0

I would appreciate any help I can get.
    Attached Images Attached Images         
    Last edited by Rjdesign; 07-27-2015 at 11:51 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Here is what i have manage to make with a vray blend material and some photoshopping.

Im still having problems with the ones in the previous post.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

It seems like you are doing pretty well. The only critique I have for your rendered and photoshop versions is that the base color of the wallpaper (the matte part not the reflective part) is lacking the surface detail that is present on the original.

If it was me I would probably do this whole project in photoshop. Here is an example that I mocked up in about 3 minutes. It isn't perfect, but once you dial it in you can easily switch colors.

Name:  Example_01.jpg
Views: 676
Size:  98.6 KB

here is a link to the photoshopfile https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...rPSexample.psd

Quote Originally Posted by RendNerd View Post
    It seems like you are doing pretty well. The only critique I have for your rendered and photoshop versions is that the base color of the wallpaper (the matte part not the reflective part) is lacking the surface detail that is present on the original.

If it was me I would probably do this whole project in photoshop. Here is an example that I mocked up in about 3 minutes. It isn't perfect, but once you dial it in you can easily switch colors.

Name:  Example_01.jpg
Views: 676
Size:  98.6 KB

here is a link to the photoshopfile https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...rPSexample.psd
    I started out using photoshop, however is was impossible to get the quality my client is requiring.

Luckily the issue is solved, I managed to get help from another place:

Name:  gold.jpg
Views: 745
Size:  76.6 KB

Photoshop is too easy for me