Clicky

Team : Factory Fifteen - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Team : Factory Fifteen

Quote Originally Posted by tonpix View Post
    Nice to see unusual approach to challenge thread I think these drones might be hard to notice with these colors and lighting. Some texture/color accents on drones would probably help with readability

Thanks. Ye I know what you mean about the textures. We wanted them to be the same black as the landscape so they actually do blend in a bit though. I think they will stand out with the camera work hopefully, maybe the lighting still needs some work? There supposed to be like daddy long legs buzzing around everywhere quietly.
    FACTORY FIFTEEN
    www.factoryfifteen.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

A small update for today:
    Name:  Sequence 01.00_00_49_44.Still001.jpg
Views: 1126
Size:  48.8 KB

Much happier with a complete re-light of our exterior scene. Here we have our grape collector docking back into it's repository box.

We are fully embedded into unreal now and really enjoying the flexibility of rendering in real-time. It is so really nice to be able to set up cameras with the final ish lighting and grade conditions. Something that previs in traditional 3-d workflows simply does not allow.
    FACTORY FIFTEEN
    www.factoryfifteen.com

Some updates from us before we go to bed, we meant to show some of this last week. We have been developing the production facility below the drone drop pods, a wine storage and tasting area and the apartments. The apartments are modular and feature photography of the Vinyard itself and it's architecture. We will be using some of these photos within the apartment to transition between scenes.

Name:  Sequence 01.00_00_34_03.Still007.jpg
Views: 964
Size:  37.0 KB
    Name:  Sequence 01.00_00_35_49.Still004.jpg
Views: 951
Size:  27.3 KB
    Name:  Sequence 01.00_00_39_06.Still005.jpg
Views: 947
Size:  39.5 KB
    Name:  Sequence 01.00_00_42_38.Still006.jpg
Views: 941
Size:  73.6 KB

I will try to update with some more stills of the main building. As we finished this a while ago we have been working on other areas so haven't produced any stills yet.

Not long left. Lots still to do.
    FACTORY FIFTEEN
    www.factoryfifteen.com

This looks all very impressive, indeed ... Great work!

Fun update:

One of the interior voids looking out into our vineyard is dedicated to local artists. Here we have a large sculpture inspired by the grapes made out of vibrant wine coloured metal that hang from the ceiling and create some interesting shots and dynamic lighting.

Name:  Gallery 01.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  48.0 KB
    Name:  Gallery 02.jpg
Views: 469
Size:  66.8 KB
    FACTORY FIFTEEN
    www.factoryfifteen.com

Looking pretty cool guys!

Adding wind, dust and motion blur to the landscape shots!

Name:  MovieFrame02607.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  48.4 KB

Name:  MovieFrame01484.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  64.5 KB

the dust is done with sprite particles and looks really effective

Name:  dust.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  51.9 KB
    FACTORY FIFTEEN
    www.factoryfifteen.com

Looks really nice! You should show this dust particle via video/gfycat

EDIT: I've just noticed fruits. Wow! How did you make shader and such good blur? When I tried SSS shader, the shadows casted on material was too dark and couldn't figure out how to soften it. For blur, when using BokehDOF, the blurried edges are too opaque/hard. CircleDOF doesn't give such strong blur from what I've tested. Any hints?
    Last edited by tonpix; 09-03-2015 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tonpix View Post
    Looks really nice! You should show this dust particle via video/gfycat

EDIT: I've just noticed fruits. Wow! How did you make shader and such good blur? When I tried SSS shader, the shadows casted on material was too dark and couldn't figure out how to soften it. For blur, when using BokehDOF, the blurried edges are too opaque/hard. CircleDOF doesn't give such strong blur from what I've tested. Any hints?
    Hey, The dof is pretty hit and miss to be honest. I've read that Circle is the best but I never use it as, as you say the effect is minimal. I tend to use Gaussian. it seems to give you more control over foreground / background and generally is the best for soft edges.

The grapes on the speedtree? We will try to dig out some screen grabs tomorrow and share.

FACTORY FIFTEEN
    www.factoryfifteen.com

Super work in progress of a evening lighting on our building looking up at the volumes as they cut over the landscape and into the sky.

We will share some more pics day and night of the building final design tomorrow. Finally we have everything in one scene now.

Name:  Building at night.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  30.0 KB
    FACTORY FIFTEEN
    www.factoryfifteen.com

Quote Originally Posted by Factory15 View Post
    Hey, The dof is pretty hit and miss to be honest. I've read that Circle is the best but I never use it as, as you say the effect is minimal. I tend to use Gaussian. it seems to give you more control over foreground / background and generally is the best for soft edges.

The grapes on the speedtree? We will try to dig out some screen grabs tomorrow and share.

These fruits: http://forums.ronenbekerman.com/atta...1&d=1441289188

True, gaussian blur is easiest, but I'm really missing the bokeh effect. CircleDOF is a good compromise, but it's hard to do extreme DOFs with this. And with gaussian, I still get opaque/hard edges on blurred objects. Is it possible to adjust how these edges look?

wow, I really like your futuristic approach! feels very fresh can't wait to see those drones flying around ...