Clicky

Team : 133 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Team : 133

An interesting effect from VXGI is that emissive materials contribute lights to the scene. Here's a quick example of what happen when you drop inside the vineyard while the lights are on. Still needs lot of tweaking but it's a start.
    Name:  VXGI_light.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  26.6 KB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Ultra dynamic sky is great! Just implemented this as well and am guessing this will be a standard asset in like every outdoor ue4 project ever, lol. Cool vxgi shot. How is that github branch? Was hoping to try it out some day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi psyb0rg, to be honest, vxgi seems to be as intensive as ever since I tried it in 4.7. I ended up with lpv for the outdoor scene, and then use vxgi for interior and night scene because vxgi is more accurate. The lighting from vxgi is great, and the reflection from it is very cool! Too bad it doesn't work on translucent material currently.

Almost done with the landscape! We have an interface system for people to change the setting of the scene. We got the map packaged as well, but will probably be at least a 10gb file! If all goes smoothly, it's possible for us to have a packaged build and the video by the deadline.
    Name:  HighresScreenshot00001.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  90.4 KBName:  HighresScreenshot00002.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  105.6 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Wesycg; 09-08-2015 at 10:22 AM.

Wow! That is looking really good!! Can I ask how do you distribute your vines, do you use some blueprint to scatter them evenly/ in a row or just painting tool in Unreal? I just made my vine plant in speed tree and cannot really figure out how to place them nicely, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by UvisMarcin View Post
    Wow! That is looking really good!! Can I ask how do you distribute your vines, do you use some blueprint to scatter them evenly/ in a row or just painting tool in Unreal? I just made my vine plant in speed tree and cannot really figure out how to place them nicely, thanks!
    Hi, yes it is blueprint, specifically spline tool. If you go to this gist, you can copy and paste it inside blueprint to get it working. Im going to also upload the blueprint pictures. Actually there is a spline example in the content example, there is a documentation for it here.
    Sorry I might not be able to explain it fully, if you have any questions you can ask.
    Name:  bp1.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  68.0 KBName:  bp2.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  74.0 KBName:  bp3.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  69.1 KB

That's excellent! Thank you very much! I just wanted to have some good starting point and this is perfect!

We are getting all the furniture and materials into place. Still have many things left to do, so looks like we will have some furniture left unfinished. Here is a screenshot of the furniture that we have so far and part of the building we have.
    Name:  Furnitures.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  66.3 KB

https://youtu.be/tHCp0lZRHcw

This is the submission video for the Vineyard Challenge. Due to time limit, we have to speed up and shorten many contents. We will be making a second video that show more work in the next few days.

Here is the longer version of our video with all the features from our project. We are almost finish with writing a tutorial. We are also in the process of making smaller Unreal projects that contain individual features, like one for Drag and drop UI, and the other for Location Based Opacity. Thank you for this amazing opportunity, and good luck to all of you in your future projects!