Clicky

Josh Trevisiol
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Josh Trevisiol

Default Josh Trevisiol

Hello!

I'll be participating in the Vineyard Challenge. I have extensive self-taught experience in architecture as well as the PBR modeling, and texturing pipeline, but this will be my first true application of my arch-vis work in Unreal Engine 4.
    The software bundle I'm using will include Sketchup-Maya-Substance Designer-UVLayout, Zbrush, and I'll be using a mix of my own texture resources and cgtextures.
    The entire making-of process will be recorded and I'll have a time-lapse video of the project when it's finished.
    I'll update this thread as I go (I actually ran out of HDD space xD I did not expect over 600 gb of video)

Cheers; Onward to blueprints!

Edit! - Adding final film and screenshots! -

I'm so very glad everything has come together smoothly here at the end. I'm beyond thankful for my preparations I made!

Without further ado! My final entry for the vineyard competition!

Link to full image album here!:
    http://imgur.com/a/CRKQp

ALL THE SCREENSHOTS! lol So excited to call this one done. So much more excited for my next project!
    Learning all the ue4 things! haha

Good luck everyone!
    Last edited by JTrevisiol; 09-15-2015 at 06:31 AM. Reason: adding final notes :)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I wanted to post the beginning of my Vineyard Villa in a preview image here just to get something up in my thread; I'm only taking a few artistic freedoms with the building. I'll otherwise be keeping it as close to scale as possible.
    Can't wait to do some of these awesome sculptures in Zbrush
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by JTrevisiol; 06-25-2015 at 10:15 AM.

Another update on the layout of the villa:
    Name:  Untitled-1.jpg
Views: 1346
Size:  40.2 KB
    Upstairs is almost done. Wings need work soon. I'm working on the roof structure at the moment.

I have a question regarding music for the animation. I don't really know where to ask it aside from in my own thread lol.
    A good friend of mine and I play several instruments and we're writing a score for the minute long clip. Since I am submitting under solo does this require me to forgo the use of her harp playing? I imagine it's fine since it's just music for the video and not part of the arch-vis itself, but I wanted to be sure!

Thanks, more updates in a couple days. We're singing/playing at a wedding this weekend so not much computer time.

Finished the 3D blueprints for the villa. I'll be working in maya on detailing from now on for a good while

Optimized and unwrapped the base structure of the Villa and got it in engine. Landscape work and blocking the rest now
    Name:  ss.jpg
Views: 1200
Size:  16.7 KB
    Name:  ss2.jpg
Views: 1202
Size:  23.3 KB
    Last edited by JTrevisiol; 07-02-2015 at 02:55 AM.

Wow, your building looks great and quite expanded. Are you going to populate all the rooms?
    Interesting work,
    -S- SF Team

Quote Originally Posted by coochie View Post
    Wow, your building looks great and quite expanded. Are you going to populate all the rooms?
    Interesting work,
    -S- SF Team
    Thanks! That's the plan
    Today's update is in!
    Shot my foliage textures and got some primal looking grass in as well as finished the procedural foliage implementation (I just need to populate it). I need to work on the planes model as well as the material a lot. More pics with variations soon!

A quick video of some of the grass I shot and cut out. I'm still working on a material-based mipmap solution. Crossing my fingers it's possible of course.

Also a little fun, I have my kitty companion helping me with the build lol
    Last edited by JTrevisiol; 07-06-2015 at 01:01 AM. Reason: Added video link and update!

great job kitty!

Quote Originally Posted by aktarbekci View Post
    great job kitty!

She really is the best designer companion one can ask for. Very patient and quiet. Likes to sleep on my lap or shoulders too lol.
    Anyhow here is today's morning update! I'll edit the post through out the day with today's work.
    I'm still working on my Landscape_Foliage base material, turned off SSS and worked on normal modification for solving harsh black faces.
    It seems I've managed a nice soft result without needing SSS on, I can keep more color information easily now too.
    Still looking for ways to control mipmap distances or texture streaming distance stuff so I can keep the grass crisp and optimized.
    I am also cutting out the rest of my foliage types textures and working on the seamless maps today; Wind after that.

Another update!
    I fixed my mipping distance with my grass in my global_foliage_mat so now I have good control over precise mip-distance.
    Now that I have my base foliage work done I'll be working on geo for the villa detailing (it IS arch-vis afterall)
    Here is a quick screen grab of this mornings work on the front in maya before I run off to grab some breakfast!

Another update!
    Rolling out the Maya detailing. Zbrush next week I expect then probably a week of retopo and baking in optimizations and AO maps.
    Also finished and fixed my LOD issue and MIP issues on my grass. I'll plug the other foliage variations back in later.
    I've got a couple surprises in mind for the final reveal so I'll be a little vague about showing WIP's of certain stylistic choices

Last edited by JTrevisiol; 07-11-2015 at 04:53 AM.