Clicky

Josh Trevisiol - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Josh Trevisiol

Worked a little on some quick bp stuff to get some doors opening tonight
    I figured I'd add a little video to preview it.

Bonus screenie from tonight's interior blocking work. Lighting is a mess and there are no textures on the new assets, just cheap mats atm. Bedtime now!
    Name:  ss (2015-8-9 at 2.32.59).jpg
Views: 514
Size:  35.6 KB

Update for today on the 9th!
    I've gone ahead and started simple asset creation. No textures yet, just material ID shenanigans to get a feeling for space blocking and colors.
    I also wrote a world/actor space mat for the books/accessories so they have a random, or themed, vibrant color depending on their location so I can cut down on redundant unique models and capitalize on modular ability
    I'm just going through the house and modeling quick iterations of models. I'll worry about UV's and such later on a scale of importance.
    Name:  ss (2015-8-9 at 20.40.36).jpg
Views: 489
Size:  37.3 KB
    Last edited by JTrevisiol; 08-10-2015 at 03:48 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by JTrevisiol View Post
    Worked a little on some quick bp stuff to get some doors opening tonight
    I figured I'd add a little video to preview it.

Bonus screenie from tonight's interior blocking work. Lighting is a mess and there are no textures on the new assets, just cheap mats atm. Bedtime now!
    Name:  ss (2015-8-9 at 2.32.59).jpg
Views: 514
Size:  35.6 KB

Update for today on the 9th!
    I've gone ahead and started simple asset creation. No textures yet, just material ID shenanigans to get a feeling for space blocking and colors.
    I also wrote a world/actor space mat for the books/accessories so they have a random, or themed, vibrant color depending on their location so I can cut down on redundant unique models and capitalize on modular ability
    I'm just going through the house and modeling quick iterations of models. I'll worry about UV's and such later on a scale of importance.
    Name:  ss (2015-8-9 at 20.40.36).jpg
Views: 489
Size:  37.3 KB

Mate this is looking awesome! Keep up the good work!

[QUOTE=JTrevisiol;28136]Thanks! I will be

Thank you I figured out why. Imgur got banned in turkey the other day. I'll continue using this sites embedding from now on instead of imgur.

oh my god! i should have guessed! it turns out this new computer at work didn't have vpn which is unusual for any computer in turkey!
    it's ok now, you can go back to imgur, i see it all thank you so much..

[QUOTE=aktarbekci;28207]
    Thanks! I will be

Thank you I figured out why. Imgur got banned in turkey the other day. I'll continue using this sites embedding from now on instead of imgur.

oh my god! i should have guessed! it turns out this new computer at work didn't have vpn which is unusual for any computer in turkey!
    it's ok now, you can go back to imgur, i see it all thank you so much..
    It's no problem! I have a turkish friend who confirmed this the other day and he uses a VPN too.

Quote Originally Posted by t3h4ndy View Post
    Mate this is looking awesome! Keep up the good work!
    Thanks!

Here is tonight's update!
    Still rapid blocking rooms. Lots to fill! Guest rooms will be mostly similar and since it's like a mini-hotel winery vacation home thing I am making a big dining/kitchen/bar area downstairs. (I'm mostly just designing a place I'd love to live in) lol.

Still just models and materials right now. I'll unwrap to get nice looking UV's soon enough
    Here are some screenies for updating:
    Name:  ss (2015-8-11 at 4.35.19).jpg
Views: 421
Size:  23.4 KB
    Name:  ss (2015-8-11 at 4.41.52).jpg
Views: 418
Size:  23.4 KB
    Name:  ss (2015-8-11 at 4.43.7).jpg
Views: 418
Size:  37.9 KB
    Last edited by JTrevisiol; 08-11-2015 at 11:46 AM.

Spent the last two days setting up my lighting as I'd like it. One of the things I had in mind since the start of the project was fully dynamic lighting while utilizing distance fields AO.
    Finally got some of that setup decently and I'm starting to acquire the look and setting I originally had in mind only one pic for now. Lots of work to continue with!
    Name:  ss (2015-8-12 at 21.45.23).jpg
Views: 375
Size:  26.8 KB

Today's update!
    I'm still fiddling with filling the rooms, I've made 90 or so models in the last 6 days so I'm going at a decent pace. I'll be spending about a week with unwraps and textures soon. For now have some more screenies to pass the time Got my day/night lighting working and switched back to daytime.
    Also gave the lights a more natural look.
    Name:  ss (2015-8-13 at 10.9.59).jpg
Views: 351
Size:  28.1 KB
    Name:  ss (2015-8-13 at 10.0.43).jpg
Views: 349
Size:  36.9 KB

This is all very beautiful stuff, you have made tremendous progress in the last couple of weeks. I hope to show some brand-new shots of my work soon, this weekend will be completely devoted to it. Again, great job.

Love your updates!
    How was your experience with the distance fields AO? I see is a good feature for landscape and foliage but has some artifacts at the interior scenes.
    Keep up the good work!

Name:  ss (2015-8-13 at 10.9.59).jpg
Views: 351
Size:  28.1 KB
    Great looking lighting! The light/shadow on the carpet material looks fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyBeeson View Post
    This is all very beautiful stuff, you have made tremendous progress in the last couple of weeks. I hope to show some brand-new shots of my work soon, this weekend will be completely devoted to it. Again, great job.
    Thank you! I am very determined to pump out as much as I can for this project. I even went so far as to cancel several work commissions to pump some extra time into my scene

Quote Originally Posted by SubdStudio View Post
    Love your updates!
    How was your experience with the distance fields AO? I see is a good feature for landscape and foliage but has some artifacts at the interior scenes.
    Keep up the good work!
    Distance fields AO was tricky to set up, but after tweaking the mesh distance fields and disabling the 'effects distance fields AO' on select objects I've gotten a really clean look in most areas. Sure there will be more tweaking as I add items, but overall it's been a pleasant switch to dynamic lights/distance fields AO.
    I'll definitely keep up the work

Quote Originally Posted by AutomataID View Post
    Great looking lighting! The light/shadow on the carpet material looks fantastic.
    Thanks! I am very happy with my rugs shader. I spent a good hour or two on it to get that clean soft shadow Can't wait to show off the whole place in the video!

Today's update!

I wasn't gonna post any small detail screenies, but I've got one I'm okay with posting here!
    I'm saving most of the details for the video. I'll be covering exterior very soon though! I'll post updates and pics with that as I go.
    I also spent a few hours scripting a modular tag-based light/lightswitch blueprint system so I can toggle the lights in my scene while walking around. It really brings it to life walking into a room and flipping on the lights.

It's been getting a little... Cheesy... the last couple days of working xD
    Name:  clipboard (2015-8-14 at 1.42.41).jpg
Views: 302
Size:  38.2 KB

Today's update!
    I'm still adding details to the interior and everything up to this point is now UV'd properly.
    Pic of the day:
    Name:  ss (2015-8-16 at 7.21.46).jpg
Views: 277
Size:  31.0 KB
    I made some grapes to populate my vines!
    They have several LOD's prepared, including billboards, so they're optimal at a distance (there will be a lot of grapes so they needed to be very optimal)

-Edit-
    Started sculpting my vines. I haven't learned speed tree super well yet and I wanted precise control when making my vines so I decided Zbrush was the way to go for them. I'll post updates as I go through their process.
    Name:  ss (2015-8-16 at 11.20.12).jpg
Views: 274
Size:  109.5 KB
    Last edited by JTrevisiol; 08-16-2015 at 06:23 PM. Reason: attachments bugging out D:

All of your stuff is looking great man! That vine you are making in Z brush is fantastic! Are you planning on making normal maps from it to put on a lower poly mesh? Or will you just bring in the high poly version and set up some LOD's?