Clicky

Team : MG2 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Team : MG2

Name:  LOZMM.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  6.2 KB
    (22 as of this post)

I finally got around to blocking in some of the Beaux-Arts-style details on the top floor.
    Name:  Capture1.jpg
Size:  82.3 KB
    Name:  Capture2.jpg
Size:  103.4 KB
    It would've been nice to be able to incorporate these more precisely, but custom modeling classical details is VERY time-consuming and the only documentation we had were a couple plans and whatever photos we could find online. This is only seen for a few seconds and not close up, so hopefully it should look decent.

Today is going to be mostly spent building our lighting and taking care of the last few checklist items. It's going to be one jam-packed final day.
    Name:  Capture3.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  70.3 KB

Edit: Thanks for the info and well wishes, bakbek.
    Last edited by dawerner; 09-15-2015 at 01:15 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

So... uh... we completely ran out of time. Here's what we were able to shove in before the deadline:

Name:  Capture1.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  65.8 KB

Name:  Capture3.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  68.4 KB

Lightmass actually crashed during our final lighting build a few hours before the deadline so we lost a lot of time. I'm thinking I might publish a new video here in the thread later with some of the animation issues fixed once I get around to it.

i really like the urban rehab concept. especially since urban farming is becoming more and more of a 'thing' now. can also see what your talking about regarding the video/music relationship. I can hear that 'train-ish' feel to the music matching your site's historical background. nice work!

Bonus content!

Now that we're not under a deadline crunch, I finally had a chance to build the lighting at production-level quality. This is what I was attempting to do Wednesday morning when Unreal crashed, leaving us without enough time to try again and having to settle for high quality. Then, Premiere decided to crash when rendering the 1080p video, requiring us to completely re-render in 720p (again, due to time). Both problems have been fixed and we added several things which were originally omitted due to time.

Here is the 'production'-quality, final release of our video in glorious 1080p:

This is a third still image we were hoping to include in our entry, also omitted due to time:
    Name:  Capture4.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  58.6 KB

And finally, here is a diagram showing our workflow:
    Name:  Workflow.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  34.0 KB
    http://i.imgur.com/TC8ZSoG.png

I liked the phrase Ronen included with our confirmation e-mail: "Have no fear of perfection – you’ll never reach it." There's still things I want to go back and fix in the video, but it's never going to be perfect so I think it's time to call it "done." Considering most of our team hadn’t even heard of Unreal before last April and our skillsets were mostly geared towards CAD drafting and Sketchup/Rhino modeling at the start, I'm very impressed with how our entry turned out. We're currently looking at ways we can incorporate the technology into our firm's work and I hope that it will eventually become another design tool for architects to use.
    Last edited by dawerner; 09-19-2015 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Added diagram as hyperlink