Clicky

TEAM : Work
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TEAM : Work

Default Team : Work

Hi all. We're 2 3D artists with no architectural background, no real game development experience and no qualifications in traditional design. With that said, we're still hoping to create something special.

Good luck to everyone and looking forward to learning from the entries.

Clinton & Richard

:)
    Last edited by leftright; 06-18-2015 at 05:40 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Name:  layout.jpg
Views: 2884
Size:  64.9 KB

Hi everyone so this is our first update. We've been struggling with the layout and still need to address a lot of project issues. We'll post something new soon. We're hoping to jump into 3D next to block out the farm.

Cheers

:)

Finally got up and running with SpeedTree for UE4 Been fleshing out a few ideas in it to find the right look that we're going for. Still got a lot to learn and many iterations to get through first though. Otherwise we're focusing all our energy on getting the right layout working with the architectural style that we've chosen - will hopefully have more to show on that later this week In the meantime here are some speedtree vine WIPs

Name:  vines_v001_00000.jpg
Views: 2807
Size:  70.5 KB
    Last edited by leftright; 06-25-2015 at 09:15 PM.

These are our new layout WIPs in no particular order, however, the second image is an architectural reference for you to see the direction we're heading in. We'll evolve the structure along the way.

Name:  lay.jpg
Views: 2725
Size:  54.2 KB

After studying (a lot) more reference images, decided to go for more of a "physically correct" way of making the vines in speedtree. Still not entirely happy with the shape but I think its going in the right direction

Name:  speedTree2.jpg
Views: 2727
Size:  55.1 KB

This is great progress!

I love the reference you picked, and the monolithic style of the winery nestled in the vines. You should explore this look in some short story board that will depict the animation / story.

Please share more, and would love your insights on SpeedTree... as will others too.

RB

Name:  update.jpg
Views: 2094
Size:  49.2 KB

We're slowly moving into UE :D Still have a lot of layout problems to resolve and lots of modeling needs to happen. We're sculpting the terrain in UE and leaving DEM data for now... We might end up using DEM or SRTM at a later stage for the distant ground. We've also been looking at the Kite Demo from the Market Place to reverse engineer Epic's blueprints and lighting setup.

Ronen, the SpeedTree models are built using procedural mesh forces that attract the vines in the direction we want. We'll try post a more in depth SpeedTree time lapse video :)

Your vine is the most convincing one for the moment, I assure you! (but we haven't yet entered the race, héhéhé )

So time for another update...

We're getting closer to locking down our architectural and environmental layouts, always trying to think in terms of function and composition. We'll have more on that in a bit once we iron out a few more issues.

We've also spent a fair amount of time developing custom blueprints to help speed up the layout and set dressing portion of the project - while there's still a bit of a bottleneck with the various design iterations.

Here's a sneak peak at one designed to help layout barrels quickly with random variations:
    http://youtu.be/Ht4PBk5p5nA
    Really enjoying working with blueprints in UE4!

@coochie - Thanks for the feedback man, much appreciated Hope to see more updates from team SF soon! Really like the models you've shown so far.

cheers!

beautiful form. really like the speed tree iterations as well. i've been struggling with speed tree vines myself, so this is really an inspiration.

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 1835
Size:  38.1 KB
    Name:  2.jpg
Views: 1838
Size:  21.3 KB
    Name:  3.jpg
Views: 1823
Size:  25.8 KB
    Name:  4.jpg
Views: 1810
Size:  20.3 KB

This is our structure so far. It's absolutely massive, we had no idea it would end up being this big :) The internal section is about 5 stories high.
    Also, working with these angles is incredibly difficult when trying to align and orient primitives and components.

Quote Originally Posted by psyb0rg View Post
    beautiful form. really like the speed tree iterations as well. i've been struggling with speed tree vines myself, so this is really an inspiration.
    hey man thanks for the feedback much appreciated This is my first time jumping into Speedtree so still have tonnes to learn. Maybe check out their mesh forces training video on youtub for some ideas / inspiration

cheers!