Clicky

The Vineyard / Unreal Engine Challenge VI - Welcome!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Vineyard / Unreal Engine Challenge VI - Welcome!

Default The Vineyard / Unreal Engine Challenge VI - Welcome!

Hi all,

Welcome to "The Vineyard" Challenge, Sponsored by Epic Games as main sponsor and Nvidia.

Be sure to visit "The Vineyard" Challenge Page for all the official information, here on the forum we will only have your GREAT entries!

---

How the Challenge will be run :

This challenge will be a Work in Progress (WIP) Challenge so that everyone can learn from each other and offer feedback and critique. Each challenger is required to submit WIP images / animations from the initial concept sketches to wire frame models, texturing in progress continuing to the final rendering of stills / animation and post production.

What will you do during the Challenge?

1. Enter the Challenge by registering to this forum.
    2. Create your Challenge thread using your real name / team name for it and say hey!
    3. Download the now the free version of Unreal Engine 4 and get cracking!
    4. Submit your WIP images & animation (via a video sharing service like youtube or vimeo) as you progress with your work.
    5. Participate in the challenge threads offering feedback for fellow challenger’s works.

---

More info posted here as we progress...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

To what extent can we use marketplace content from UE4 or other online sources for props, shaders, animation rigs? There was brief mention somewhere that foliage and entourage would be ok to pull in from the market, but I'm also interested in experimenting with some sci-fi packs (futuristic winery?) or more outlandish stuff building into a narrative. Didn't know if this goes outside the bounds or intent of the competition. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by psyb0rg View Post
    To what extent can we use marketplace content from UE4 or other online sources for props, shaders, animation rigs? There was brief mention somewhere that foliage and entourage would be ok to pull in from the market, but I'm also interested in experimenting with some sci-fi packs (futuristic winery?) or more outlandish stuff building into a narrative. Didn't know if this goes outside the bounds or intent of the competition. Thanks!
    It will fit ok as long as the main concept is yours... as in your winery buildings are not made out of complete marketplace objects. That said... we can only comment on what see, so bring it on!

hey all, i thought i'd drop this note into the main thread since it applies to most of us...
    i noticed a lot of us are developing different types of procedural vine systems for our landscapes to achieve various effects. in the process of researching the ability to generate rock-garden style vineyards, i ran across the open world tutorials in the UE4 docs, and in particle this thread:
    https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...orthegrasstool
    i had no clue this existed because i haven't had a chance to catch up with all the new great features of 4.8. so anyhow, i hope people find this link useful.
    Name:  circleMask2.jpg
Views: 2333
Size:  348.6 KB
    feel free to delete this comment if it should be in another thread.
    cheers!

Hello! We're Tangram 3DS- an arch viz company looking forward to being involved in this challenge! We will keep you all posted shortly with our progress as it unfolds.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangram3DS View Post
    Hello! We're Tangram 3DS- an arch viz company looking forward to being involved in this challenge! We will keep you all posted shortly with our progress as it unfolds.
    Hi Tangrams! Have you opened you thread by now?

Quote Originally Posted by psyb0rg View Post

hey all, i thought i'd drop this note into the main thread since it applies to most of us...
    i noticed a lot of us are developing different types of procedural vine systems for our landscapes to achieve various effects. in the process of researching the ability to generate rock-garden style vineyards, i ran across the open world tutorials in the UE4 docs, and in particle this thread:
    https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...orthegrasstool
    i had no clue this existed because i haven't had a chance to catch up with all the new great features of 4.8. so anyhow, i hope people find this link useful.

Name:  circleMask2.jpg
Views: 2333
Size:  348.6 KB

feel free to delete this comment if it should be in another thread.
    cheers!
    Thanks for this mention... I'll highlight this further.

Name:  T_Tip-Trick_Header.jpg
Views: 2251
Size:  40.2 KB

Open World Tools Tips & Tricks

+

Procedural Foliage Tool Quick Start

Grass Tool Quick Start

Name:  T_Spawing_In_Row.jpg
Views: 2259
Size:  100.3 KB

Hi Ronen,

Any update on submission requirements for a working scene yet? The challenge page still says just a couple of still images and a flythrough video. But getting into the skinny end of this project it would be great to know where I should be putting my efforts/resources.
    Thanks.

Hello my names Thomas Cooper. Im very much looking forward to the challenge this concept will offer me. And hope my thread appears soon!

I saw in the competition rules that we are not allowed to directly publish our work outside of the forums during the challenge. Does this mean that we are not allowed to post images of our progress anywhere else, including any social media, even if they've already been posted to the forum or include a link? Our marketing staff is looking to do a short writeup of the competition and our team's progress and it would be nice if they could include an image or two from our thread before the challenge is over.

A lot of users who submit ArchViz projects using Unreal Engine tend to upload a video on YouTube, typically between 30 seconds to 2 minutes in length. Combined with high-resolution stills for the final build; taking into account intrinsic detail on difficult objects and wide shots of the scene, this works best in showcasing your project.

Hi, Question :

Can I make hidden advertising programs used in the scene? for example "Speedtree"?