Clicky

Correct lighting with skyportals...Simple or Normal...in or out

Thread: Correct lighting with skyportals...Simple or Normal...in or out

Default Correct lighting with skyportals...Simple or Normal...in or out

Hi, from a long time now i've been wondering about what's the physical-correct method to set up interior lighting. I've seen many tutorials that use skyportals outside windows, in normal mode and other, like Viscorbel's lighting dvd, lights inside, in simple mode. So i made a few renders to compare. If anyone knows how the correct mode is from the engine point of view, i'd very much aprecciate it.

Seems to me, that the "simple" mode, inside or outside windows, just doesn't get in the correct lighting, but is the fastest method.
    Normal mode looks more accurate, outside the windows being the most contrasted, while inside a bit more dull.

Here are the details.
    Scene gi ir+lc , no filters or dmc, only portlas on windows and vray sky outside, with a dome proyecting vray light material.

Normal portals
    outside the windows 8:52 mins render time camera at iso100 f 2,8 most contrasted image, but realistic color lighting?
    inside the windows 2:48 mins render time same camera settings

Simple portals
    inside the windows 1:52 mins render time camera iso25 f 4 (scene gets brighter) Fast, but not so realistic lighting?
    outside windows 1:55 mins render time same camera settings

any thoughts on the matter are welcome.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement