Clicky

Substance designer

Thread: Substance designer

Question Substance designer

Has anyone had the pleasure of using this application for Texturing purposes? I did a quick search on here for any threads containing the apps name but came up empty handed.
    Substance Designer 4 | Texturing Software | allegorithmic

I'll be demoing it tonight myself. I really hope this completely replaces Photoshop (as anyone that has read me threads in the past know I well bloody hate Photoshop) and Zbrush in the texturing process (don't really like having to use 4,194,304 quads just to use a 2048x2048 bmp)
    Of particular interest I think to the rest of you that are trying to weather objects and make them look slightly less perfect and thus more real are the particle brushes!
    Substance Painter | 3D Painting Software | allegorithmic

I think it at least looks rather brilliant.

And the prices are actually reasonable.Unlike MARI which runs at $2013 or more.
    Indie price for this thing is: $99 (assuming your company makes less that 10k a year)
    Pro Price is still low at: $449

Here's the link to the actual pricing details:
    Pushing myself as far as I go each and everyday with everything I do.
    Why?
    Because I can.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Paulgswanson View Post
    Has anyone had the pleasure of using this application for Texturing purposes? I did a quick search on here for any threads containing the apps name but came up empty handed.
    Substance Designer 4 | Texturing Software | allegorithmic

I'll be demoing it tonight myself. I really hope this completely replaces Photoshop (as anyone that has read me threads in the past know I well bloody hate Photoshop) and Zbrush in the texturing process (don't really like having to use 4,194,304 quads just to use a 2048x2048 bmp)
    Of particular interest I think to the rest of you that are trying to weather objects and make them look slightly less perfect and thus more real are the particle brushes!

I think it at least looks rather brilliant.

And the prices are actually reasonable.Unlike MARI which runs at $2013 or more.
    Indie price for this thing is: $99 (assuming your company makes less that 10k a year)
    Pro Price is still low at: $449

Here's the link to the actual pricing details:

I've been thinking about this combination since I heard from substance, but I havent got the time to try it out, and I havent found anything related to using Substance for archiviz.

Did you manage to get something done with this??