Clicky

HDRI Lighting Problem

Thread: HDRI Lighting Problem

Based in Cape Town, South Africa. Currently working in Kigali, Rwanda.

Default HDRI Lighting Problem

Hi guys,

Just like to say that i am new to the forum and am happy to have joined. have been finding lots of useful information and some interesting work!

So i am having some problems using the HDRI Lighting method. I am using a VRayLight Dome and have created an HDRI texture to it which i then dragged into the material editor to apply the HDRI image. Then i put the Material in the Environment Map slot. So i can see the HDRI image in my viewport clearly but everything else is black.. but when i render everything is as should be! anyone else have this problem before? some assistance would be much appreciated!

Regards

Seb

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Please anyone, desperately need help with this.. i am tearing my hear out here!! don't know what i am doing wrong.

Hi, not to worry if the render is ok that is the most important thing... Can you please upload a screenshot of the HDRI settings...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ok i take that back. when the sky is clear and visible the builds are to dark, and when i brighten up the scene the buildings become visible and the sky becomes washed out! my Render Multiplier is currently at 1, but as soon as i start raising it my sky becomes to bright!

here is a screenshot of my settings, one is with my light settings and the other with camera settings.

Name:  Screenshot Camera.jpg
Views: 573
Size:  31.9 KBName:  Screenshot Light.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  30.2 KB

I cannot really see the screenshot all that well. I need to ask you this. The only time I have ever seen black viewport objects and the render was fine was because my display port were set properly.

Example... sure the render is set to Vray properly thats obvious because the render comes out nice, but is the viewport set display vray materials? [I'm at work right now, I forget the exact name of the rollout but it is in render settings]

They tend to show black unless its set correctly on both spots
    Pushing myself as far as I go each and everyday with everything I do.
    Why?
    Because I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulgswanson View Post
    I cannot really see the screenshot all that well. I need to ask you this. The only time I have ever seen black viewport objects and the render was fine was because my display port were set properly.

Example... sure the render is set to Vray properly thats obvious because the render comes out nice, but is the viewport set display vray materials? [I'm at work right now, I forget the exact name of the rollout but it is in render settings]

They tend to show black unless its set correctly on both spots

from views Menu, select view background then activate Environment background ....