Clicky

nVidia quadro K4000 or GeForce GTX 780 Ti ?

Thread: nVidia quadro K4000 or GeForce GTX 780 Ti ?

Question nVidia quadro K4000 or GeForce GTX 780 Ti ?

Hi all,

I have a dilemma about choosing the video card for my pc.
    The configuration of the pc is: i7-4770 3.4 GHz, 16 gb RAM 1600 MHz, 250 GB SSD.

I want to use it for photorealistic rendering in 3ds Max, VRay and Lumion. I read pros about both cards, but i can't decide which would fit my needs better.

Thanks,
    Robert

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I would go for GTX 780 Ti but with as good cooling as possible.

Quadro is typically renering solution, by its price related to performance is... horrible.

Look here: Iray Benchmarks | migenius

Quadro 4000 isn't even listed.

I'm working for 3-4 years with top models of gaming cards and hve no problems with GPU rendering.

i did work on different type of workstations and i can tell you, don't lost your money wtih Quadro, it's just story Nvidia make it to cheating us,,, i never see any different with quadro 4000 or 5000 . GTX is better for you, just try to have good case box with enough fans , and good liquid cooler for cpu to keep processor on same level even with huge scene with long render time.

I use a Quadro 4000 at work and a GTX780ti at home. They both work well and I am frequently working on scenes with upwards of 50 million polys. In these situations the Quadro gets slightly better FPS in 3DS max viewport. That being said the GTX780ti is WAY better at real time rendering, but I only have experience in UE4. The stability on both is about the same.
    Personally, I would get the GTX and use the extra money for more RAM or a processor with 6 cores instead of 4.