Clicky

hdri light dots - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hdri light dots

Point taken... I'll try to make these more visible and open to suggestions anytime.

RB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Sorry, I have not seen that people are still replying to my thread. I did not get an email that there are replys to it. I have to check my settings for notifications. So I apologize for not replying.
    I solved the problem. I put a vray light as skylight portal (simple mode) in the window opening and increased the subdivs of the Light cache and the dots were gone. So, a very simple solution.

BR Alex

I think is the bump map on the wal material, maybe is to strong, or maybe your material reflection subdivisions are to low, because i see that the issue is only on the wall, so it must be something related to the wall material, but even then i think that for an interior shot is better to not use hdri, because you always wil need a lot of subdivisions to get rid of those kind of artifacts and shadows noise. or may be you could have a vraysun hidden as a result of a material import from another scene. check that out.

View The free tutorial of The Vray settings in http://grantwarwick.net/course/mastering-vray/ it changed my workflow completely and it works perfect. To sum up: always use renderelements to see where The problems are and then change it.

Hey, snoeds!

I have no idea why, but I just encountered this issue, and after long hours of testing I realized that if you thick the "store with irradiance map" option within the skylight portal the problem is then solved, eliminating all noise.

Hope it helps

Cheers!