Clicky

The Museum by Juraj Talcik - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Juraj Talcik

Wow, you're fast! Very good level, looking forward to seeing your final renders.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by coochie View Post
    Wow, you're fast! Very good level, looking forward to seeing your final renders.
    Heh I have to be, I came from Berlin two weeks ago. Thankfully, we got week extension :- ). So, with big amount of luck, I'll finish all that I plan.

Name:  19c.jpg
Views: 1649
Size:  57.5 KB

I tried not to omit any interesting detail. Creating the building and scene is like Lego modeling, it's predictable and once you have it, you can play with or simply look at it from any angle. That was my reason to begin with 3D and reason for chosen strategy.

I struggle a lot with Maxwell materials, especially because of the multilayer concept, which I can't wrap my head around. I had to download marble materials from resources to see what I should actually do to make reflective marble, that doesn't go dark and loose it's texture.

Name:  20b.jpg
Views: 2076
Size:  46.1 KB

Adjusting shaders instead of finishing compositions made me bit nervous today...there is still lot of work to be done. Hopefully, I'll do it tomorrow. 3 days left
    Last edited by JurajTalcik; 08-12-2012 at 01:45 AM. Reason: added pictures

Renzo's Daimler building. More for reflections, will not play role in compositions. Nevetheless, it's pretty heavy model, although with too basic shaders, I don't have much nerves to play with maxwell materials anymore.

Name:  21bw.jpg
Views: 1606
Size:  65.4 KB

Where there hell do you guys find the time to do all this stuff amongst work?
    Check out my blog @ http://macviz.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Macker View Post
    Where there hell do you guys find the time to do all this stuff amongst work?
    I dedicated two weeks out of my summer to do just this ;- ) I otherwise work non-stop, even during this competition I had to make few days break to finish some regular job changes.

But then, it's not that hard, just sleep 9 hours to get off stress, and work all the rest time, except for gym and small food break, occasional relax in cinema/beer. 12days x 10 hours of work = 120+ hours invested. At first I thought it would be worth it (delusional state :- D ... ) now I am slowly sobering up. Ugh, let's see, just two more days. In that time, I could have simply bought the camera, but with my age, you don't think reasonably :- ).

Finally got hold on foliage materials. The mystery of setting layers on additive, even the base one. So my first layer now is translucent with single-side sss, and second is reflective layer for highlights. I am using some Mentor HD trees, 2 Bertrand's own trees :- ), and some iTrees that I like (Elm, Birch). 10 trees total.

Name:  stromy5b.jpg
Views: 2122
Size:  60.0 KB

Name:  stromy6c.jpg
Views: 1453
Size:  84.9 KB
    Name:  stromy6bw.jpg
Views: 1448
Size:  85.6 KB

Ok, tuesday here. Time for lightning and compositions. Wednesday postproduction.
    Last edited by JurajTalcik; 08-14-2012 at 12:53 AM.
    Macker and Dukkehus like this.

Looking very nice. Can't wait to see the final images.

Woah, well, last minute, but here :- ) I did..sadly not finish the true showcase I dreamed for...but there will be some time in following 2 weeks. I planned short, timelapse movie, with "real" Mies incorporated in it, as after-life memento for him.

Name:  juraj-talcik-exterierHD.jpg
Views: 1414
Size:  54.5 KB

Name:  juraj-talcik-interiorHD.jpg
Views: 1364
Size:  42.7 KB

And, just, look forward to more later ;- ) I had unrealistic expectations, as time flied way too fast.
    I had lot of fun here ! Was whole new experience, welded custom dolly for 40 bucks, found extremely likable double at local swimming pool and made some really shitty footage from borrowed old dslr. Good stuff

Name:  UjoShowreel1.jpg
Views: 1326
Size:  14.2 KB
    Name:  UjoShowreel2.jpg
Views: 1534
Size:  16.9 KB
    Name:  416121_406483809409725_731102959_o.jpg
Views: 1478
Size:  41.3 KB
    Name:  cameradolly_jurajtalcik.jpg
Views: 1378
Size:  52.8 KB

its too bad, that you could not finish your idea.
    Really looked forward to see old Mies back in the action....But anyway very good pictures you did there.

After relaxing away from PC for 4 days, I came back to post some post-mortis BW crops from my finals ;- )

Name:  church.jpg
Views: 1146
Size:  64.8 KB

Name:  philharmonie.jpg
Views: 1259
Size:  342.6 KB

Name:  bibliotek2.jpg
Views: 1169
Size:  60.5 KB

Name:  juraj-talcik-exterierBW25.jpg
Views: 1170
Size:  56.2 KB

Name:  trees.jpg
Views: 1139
Size:  44.5 KB

My crowd is for you my friend
    I wish all the luck,
    God bless
    Att: M

Colossians 3:23 "and whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men."

FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Matheu...60861987272562