Clicky

The Museum by Juraj Talcik - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Juraj Talcik

I think it should be in the cm range. Maybe 2-5cm but not totally sure.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Another solution for glass windows I've had success with is using the regular glass material from the wizard (so it will refract, attenuate, etc.) but turn on "hidden to global illumination" in the object properties->Maxwell tab. Though as S.Neadnod found, it will block visibility to zdepth, object id etc. channels that are on the other side of the glass.

Quote Originally Posted by JurajTalcik View Post
    Thank you. I would love to keep refraction if possible. My glass is volume geometry, albeit thin. I'll turn off the caustics, as I don't find them necessary. Any idea what the attentuation should be at glass ? I put in 5mm as in glass thickness, but, this is only guess.
    Everything that passes through real glass (volume geo) is considered as caustics as far as I know.

This means turning off caustics will probably result in weird results, but that of course requires some testing.

Personally I would use AGS with sun (or any other distant/bright source of light, hard to find by randomly shot samples) and real volume glass with HDRI or skylight (huge area light)
    www.pawelfilip.com
    -----------------------
    twitter
    facebook

Here's a link to the maxwell docs about transparency Transmissive Properties - Maxwell Documentation - Next Limit support site

After reading that I think... Yeah, whatever. I'm more confused than i was before I read it. What I usually do set the attenuation parameter (the one that is a distance) to something like twice the thickness of the glass (which would put it in the range stebehan mentioned above), then set the transmission color to be about 80% brightness with a slight greenish color. It's worked so far, and actually the material wizard is pretty good for getting close. This is for glass that has both sides modeled instead of just a plane.

At least when using hdri environment lighting, I haven't noticed too much performance difference between AGS glass and regular glass with "hidden to global illumination" checked on.

Some update, I'll finish the whole environment today. So far I have Matthias's church, Philharmonie, Bibliotek, Kulturforum, Maritim hotel, few blocks of flats around. Here is Philharmonie. I'll post more progress soon.

Name:  7b.jpg
Views: 1787
Size:  33.4 KBName:  7bw.jpg
Views: 1860
Size:  38.3 KBName:  8b.jpg
Views: 1916
Size:  28.2 KB

Name:  9b.jpg
Views: 1731
Size:  35.5 KB
    Last edited by JurajTalcik; 08-09-2012 at 10:48 AM.

Bibliothek, this one is covered by trees mostly, so it's bit more basic.
    Both of these building feature similiar facade, and I am not sure whether they're painted metal plates (IOR of 1.6) or finished metal (high IOR). Anyone to chime on that ?

Name:  12b.jpg
Views: 1627
Size:  16.4 KB

Name:  13b.jpg
Views: 1846
Size:  39.8 KB

Name:  14b.jpg
Views: 1602
Size:  47.8 KB

And something on different note

Name:  Me.jpg
Views: 1916
Size:  84.8 KB

Hmm :- )
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by JurajTalcik; 08-10-2012 at 01:04 AM.

i am really loking forward to the final result.
    your Mies-Double looks very convincing

Quote Originally Posted by lasse1309 View Post
    i am really loking forward to the final result.
    your Mies-Double looks very convincing
    Thank you :- ) I found him at local swimming pool, he is construction engineer

Mies doing a cameo like Hitchcock in his movies ?
    or like that Aphex Twin video : every visitor of the NNG has a Mies head

sorry

Quote Originally Posted by ichi.one View Post
    Mies doing a cameo like Hitchcock in his movies ?
    or like that Aphex Twin video : every visitor of the NNG has a Mies head

sorry
    Kind of :- )

Juraj,

i think the facade consists of gold-eloxated aluminium panels - and i think it is of kind of a rough texture.. there are not many places where you can get close to it though..

regards
    Lasse

Thank you Lasse, must be the gold ;- )

Here is church, not polished like Bertrand, but nonetheless usable :- ) Lacks glass material and roof dirt yet, but will look really good once inserted into whole environment, which I will complete tomorrow. Tomorrow is also finish foliage day.

Name:  15b.jpg
Views: 1205
Size:  79.7 KB

Name:  16b.jpg
Views: 1223
Size:  74.4 KB

Name:  16wire.jpg
Views: 1226
Size:  91.0 KB

Name:  17b.jpg
Views: 1313
Size:  37.4 KB

This kind of modeling and creating of objects is a bit of novelty for me. First time kind of thing. I made the textures from my sadly low quality photos captured during my trip. Cut them up from photos and played little bit around with copy and clone tools. Applied to simple geometry like vertical planes, and went from there with extrusions and chamfers. I tried to divide everything into modules, which would then tile (mirror actually, but this proved non-working, since Maxwell bitmap manager can only tile texture, what's with that? ). I also took philosophy, that certain elements, like additional dirt to avoid repetition caused by tiling, will be corrected by postwork instead of meticulously unwrapping the meshes. Overall, it's decently fast approach I think..

Name:  texture_pack1.jpg
Views: 1359
Size:  70.6 KB
    Last edited by JurajTalcik; 08-10-2012 at 10:37 PM.
    bakbek likes this.