Clicky

Amer Abidi (kimaera) - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Amer Abidi (kimaera)

Nice one Dave,

I did have speckles in my snow, but they just shot my render times out of proportion and didnt really give me that "cold misty" effect i was going for; but thanks for the link; will definitely look into it and see what effect SSS will have on my scene.

Thanks again

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

thanks Dave, looks like a nice material, will try and figure out how its done (my lack of MR knowledge is going to hinder me though!)

There's a nice looking snow on vray-materials.de as well http://www.vray-materials.de/all_materials.php?mat=609 which has a bit of sss too

Really great work so far!!! I dont know if you already know it but its a great tutorial here:

http://www.evermotion.org/tutorials/...making-of-snow

wow, that's almost exactly identical to mine!! I didn't even know evermotion had tutorials! lol

how about a little fog on the background.... nice update
    good luck

Really nice to see an update on this one.
    I wouldn't completely rule out the super-wide format if I were you. I really liked it in your earlier images. Consider that this will be rendered at a very big resolution, so you'll still get to see a lot of the finer details in the final image.

PS: You also got me started on building my own snow shader. That's a tough one!

this is going to be good !!! nice work

Really nice work ! Congrats !

For the critics :
    I'm not sure snow can stick that much (being that thick) on trunks. Maybe less of it !?
    Then it's been a long time that we hadn't had snow over here, but recently we had plenty, and it makes me think that in the overall, your scene is maybe a bit too "clean". Snow accumulates then falls, melts, creates puddles, etc.
    I would also second BBB3 on the bump of the wood cladding. Maybe too strong and/or too smoothed.

My two cents...
    Anyway once again really cool stuff !

Great images in general, i like very much the last one (also the choice of building's materials!!), only one thing, i think the nearest tree's snow looks very unrealistic, both for the material itself and the shapes...(this is not so obvious with the rest of trees of course)

Keep the good job!!

Thanks guys, I appreciate all of your comments, and have taken them all into consideration. I have been very busy with life lately that i haven't had the chance to update... i probably won't get a chance to update for the next week or two, but rest assured will check all entries frequently and be back with a vengeance soon!

Thanks again.

I love this! Your footsteps look excellent and add life to the scene and a nice story! Snowy look is very unique, pure and clean feeling. It looks very beautiful

Love it, so fresh. You have a wonderful oppurtunity with this scene to play with some bright colours to highlight some of the building...lights or some bright colours...

Keep it up! Love watching the updates in this thread.