Clicky

The Museum by Eric Mehl - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eric Mehl

Thanks stebehan and otoh! You are right, his face is a bit flat, but now that I've got him close, I'm a little afraid to make changes to his head shape. max hair has a way of freaking out sometimes.

Otoh - you are also right about nothing touching the ground, I think that's making it harder to compose the shot. The final version will have some people done in post which will hopefully help.

I've also switched up my day vs. night views for the cameras, so the image above is probably going to get kicked back to 2nd tier status, maybe included in the "supporting images" set.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default new views

They've been changing the internet provider in my building, so I'm just now limping back online from home. But here are my latest views - the first two are what for now I'm planning on using as my 2 real entries, but the others are still possibilities.

For all of these, some coarse but far from final post work has been done.

Night view - this is meant to feature the interior more, but I wanted to include some context. What do you all think about this one compared to the closer cropped version below? This is kind of an unusual view, but it's been growing on me.
    Name:  museum_challenge_night_cam5c.jpg
Views: 963
Size:  59.8 KB

Day view seeing the full exterior (I forgot to turn on the fish though). I was going to do this as a night image (below) but I want one of the two to feature the interior better, so I switched to a night for the interior and didn't want two night images so this one became day. This probably will get another truck on the left side of the image on the road.
    Name:  museum_challenge_day_cam1.jpg
Views: 775
Size:  59.2 KB

Close-up night image, this one morphed into the first image above to show the cat and surrounding site a little bit.
    Name:  museum_challenge_night_cam5.jpg
Views: 808
Size:  69.5 KB

What was going to be the broad view of the building, but got replaced by its daytime counterpart to mix up the day and night balance. This one's a little out of date now so some things are wacky.
    Name:  museum_challenge_night_cam1.jpg
Views: 788
Size:  36.5 KB

Very nice! But it's not always easy to find the cat
    Last edited by AlexanderK; 08-06-2012 at 11:03 PM.

I am really not sure.
    Personally i probably would go for the tighter night shot, although i am a little bit afraid of the strong symmetrie in it.Good thing is, that this is broken up by the reflections of your cat. Anyway I think it is closer to what you want to show off compared to the second one (5c). But as I said, I am really not sure...By the way the Reflections may seem a little bit to prominent and even to my eyes.
    Last edited by stebehan; 08-07-2012 at 01:08 PM.

Thanks for the comments AlexanderK and stebehan. It changes every day, but right now I'm thinking of going with the wider night shot - I agree about the symmetry which is slightly pushing me away, and maybe it fits better as a pair with the day image? Changing my mind again in 3...2...1...

Stebehan, the reflections you are talking about are those on the pavement, right? I'm working on them right now to look more wet than just reflective. Hopefully I'll have an update tomorrow.

Here's a quick update on what I think will be my 2 primary images.

The cat is under revision for the night image so he's not in right now.

Last edited by egmehl; 08-10-2012 at 05:09 PM.

A few changes just under the wire while my images finish rendering:

I'll be adding some more people and finishing off their color correction soon.

I've added the story of a little girl pulling a wagon full of fish (and then empty for the night image) to give as consolation to the cat.

I feel like I finally like this night / morning image now, after much multiple-light and photoshop work.

I will probably submit this one as one of the two main images, I was getting bored with the viewpoint of my other day image. After all the different view trials, it's not much different than what I quickly picked out for my concept view

The three other images will be the broad day view, an interior view and a more radical view up the interior stairs.

And here's a test shot that I didn't make the cut.

Man this was like the best thread which made me smile speacially the Cat I love cats :P
    Good work there Egmehl .

I still want to see some Cat renders from near POV

Thanks Anwar

And here is the final set that I am uploading now.

This was a great contest, and thanks to everyone for your feedback! There has been lots of inspirational work - I love seeing how everyone has given a unique interpretation to a common starting point.

Two Primaries:

3 extras: