Clicky

The Museum by Malte Paulli - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Malte Paulli

Hi guys,

I have never been to the NNG (going next week), and is having a hard time to determine what is actually on the floor.

Is it concrete tiles/slabs or marble tiles?

Name:  tasi_installationsansichten_dvb_(2)_medium.jpg
Views: 719
Size:  36.3 KB

Name:  taryn-simon_neue-nationalgalerie-4.jpg
Views: 797
Size:  73.0 KB

Name:  tasi_installationsansichten_dvb_(3)_medium.jpg
Views: 673
Size:  29.4 KB

Can anyone help?

Yo
    Last edited by Dukkehus; 07-31-2012 at 07:38 AM.
    guillaume likes this.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Been twice there, these are marble tiles in my memories...

Quote Originally Posted by coochie View Post
    Been twice there, these are marble tiles in my memories...
    Thx

All right, I will try to get as close as possible to the smeared terrazzo-like marble I see in the pictures :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Dukkehus View Post
    Now I am struggling to nail the perspectives. Its hard to find views that will show both my concept and the existing building.

1. prize in mind Im trying to keep them 3:2 without too wide focal length.
    Hi there!

I hope you don't mind me weighing in and adding a few thoughts from the mind of a photographer:

First off, I think this is a really neat idea. A challenging one to present, as the new design work is a such a bold intervention in this existing building, but you've already identified that the key issue for you will be showing how one fits within the other. So long as you keep that challenge at the front of your mind I think there's scope for some really interesting images. The key views you've posted so far have a wonderful progression from left to right as you move from bright light and straight lines into darkness and curves - a very neat way of showing the concept and nailing a strong composition all in one 'shot'.

If it's not too bold of me to say, though, I think you needn't worry too much about sticking to a particular aspect ratio for your images: It's a neat exercise to limit yourself to particular ratios occasionally, but the key thing here is to show the architecture and art at their best - use whatever tools you have at your disposal to do it. If that means mixing portrait and landscape shots, I say go for it.

Keep up the good work - this looks really interesting, and I can't wait to see the finished views!

Thank you.

Just returned from vacation, and hope to be able to finish this.
    You will... no other option really!!!

Go, go, go...

@ Daveybot,

Thank you for the feedback. I dont mind at all, I very much appreciate it!

You describe my intensions with the posted interior shot spot on. As you say, the image shows good progression from left to right, and I believe that just a few people, if the right ones, will complete the composition. I have started modelling the ribs and is working on the textures. Im considering wether or not to overexpose the shot, exaggerating the contrast between right and left side of the image.

As an architect I do "lots" of conceptual renderings, and I normally wouldn't worry about sticking to a particular aspect ratio. As you said, it is an exercise, and if it is too limiting Ill discard the idea.
    The thing I want avoid in the interior shot, though, is to get tempted by an extremely short focal length.
    In my opinion. photos (IRL) taken on a FF body with a 14-16 mm or less focal length mostly (not always) look weird.
    Ultra wide angle shots can be necessary, but if I can avoid them I will. :-)

Again, thank you for the feed back.

Actually I had already given up on this challenge!
    I decided to take out some more vacation, and went to Berlin with the family. I will be back home on the 8th of august :-)

Then you went ahead and moved the deadline.
    As you said: Go, go, go...

Quote Originally Posted by bakbek View Post
    You will... no other option really!!!

Go, go, go...

Actually I had already given up on this challenge!
    I decided to take out some more vacation, and went to Berlin with the family. I will be back home on the 8th of august :-)

Then you went ahead and moved the deadline.
    As you said: Go, go, go...

@ Daveybot,

Thank you for the feedback. I dont mind at all, I very much appreciate it!

You describe my intensions with the posted interior shot spot on. As you say, the image shows good progression from left to right, and I believe that just a few people, if the right ones, will complete the composition. I have started modelling the ribs and is working on the textures. Im considering wether or not to overexpose the shot, exaggerating the contrast between right and left side of the image.

As an architect I do "lots" of conceptual renderings, and I normally wouldn't worry about sticking to a particular aspect ratio. As you said, it is an exercise, and if it is too limiting Ill discard the idea.
    The thing I want avoid in the interior shot, though, is to get tempted by an extremely short focal length.
    In my opinion. photos (IRL) taken on a FF body with a 14-16 mm or less focal length mostly (not always) look weird.
    Ultra wide angle shots can be necessary, but if I can avoid them I will. :-)

Again, thank you for the feed back.
    I know what you mean about the really wide angles - they can definitely get distracting! I normally only end up down there when a room is simply too small for anything else, so hopefully you'll be okay with this enormous place!

Glad to see you'll be making the end, and can't wait to see what you'll come up with!

These are just about the views that im going to end up with.

Name:  SK012.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  52.1 KB
    Name:  SK013.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  110.2 KB

Still modeling, shaders, environment, lightsources etc. to do :-/
    Last edited by Dukkehus; 08-13-2012 at 09:50 PM.
    peterguthrie, otoh and JurajTalcik like this.

Excellent creation, this DOES fit the NNG interior quite well ;- )

Very nice! There's a lovely swoop to that second image, and I like the exterior being bright white like that.