Clicky

The Museum by Stefan Hirschsteiner - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stefan Hirschsteiner

Quote Originally Posted by bakbek View Post
    I would suggest focusing on the camera selection and composition without the many hundreds of little friends in the scene... take the technical wall out of this process and add them in simple way such as sketching them back in PS - JUST FOR THE CREATIVE ANGLE OF VIEW SELECTION... so you can save on time and after you are good with that

Do what Jaime suggests here... We can better help you with you showing possible view during the next few days
    Of course you are right...Back to work than

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Here is one of my indoor shots i am struggeling with at the moment:

Name:  Indoor Test 01suggestions.jpg
Views: 1370
Size:  362.0 KB

the Paper butterflies does not seem to fill the space, somehow they are looking like an military net. I think I should change my lighting direction as well, to avoid this extreme blown out parts. maybe even the viewpoint? not really sure about it. I think a few real ones could also help to improve the picture......

I like the whole idea and the little storyboard you did. keep working.
    btw, what's your camera position on Z-axis?

new rough test of the indoor shot "CALM". Slightly better representation of what I try to achive.Name:  calm - little better.jpg
Views: 1283
Size:  115.6 KB

I love the kid in there... You should really put more weight on that connection of kids, childhood, butterfly chasing

It does seem to be more like a "Net" of them placed on a grid... this was not your intent right?

Following up on Adam's comment + the Kid point of view... why not try some low positions looking up a bit?

I wonder what other have to say about this...

Quote Originally Posted by bakbek View Post
    I love the kid in there... You should really put more weight on that connection of kids, childhood, butterfly chasing

It does seem to be more like a "Net" of them placed on a grid... this was not your intent right?

Following up on Adam's comment + the Kid point of view... why not try some low positions looking up a bit?

I wonder what other have to say about this...
    Good Point I already have another version in a more childlike height, but maybe your suggested looking up position could help me with the "net like" look of the butterflies. (otherwise I like the strong symmetry in the shot, only broken up by the butterflies). Maybe the net like look is also my fault because I placed the paper butterflies very regularely (approximately every 12/12cm) and just varied the height and the rotation of each butterfly, maybe this was wrong, and I should place them more randomly? (I thought there would be enough randomness through the real butterflies flying around)
    I am also playing with the thought to cancel the paper butterflies completely and work merely with real ones....What do you think?

Heres the other version of the shot in a more childlike height (looking up will follow):

Name:  calm - childs height.jpg
Views: 1114
Size:  101.5 KB
    Last edited by stebehan; 08-06-2012 at 01:46 PM.
    egmehl likes this.

short test of the viewpoint of my "Breakout" shot without flying butterflies. still many errors in materials etc. but i think i like the perspective and probably will stick with it

Name:  Breakout - Viewpoint.jpg
Views: 1009
Size:  87.2 KB.

For me, I definitely like the second interior image better - the one at a lower camera level. I'd characterize the first as "being outside and looking in" vs. "being inside and among the child and butterflies" for the second.

Have you tried moving the whole composition (child + butterflies) deeper into the building? It might give a little more emphasis to the structure itself (or it might be a total miss )

Quote Originally Posted by egmehl View Post
    For me, I definitely like the second interior image better - the one at a lower camera level. I'd characterize the first as "being outside and looking in" vs. "being inside and among the child and butterflies" for the second.

Have you tried moving the whole composition (child + butterflies) deeper into the building? It might give a little more emphasis to the structure itself (or it might be a total miss )
    Yes, I think you are absolutely right, i also tend to the second one! I tested a deeper viewpoint some time ago, but somehow I was not satisfied. I could not even tell why (maybe I should investigate it again)

In the meantime I have another update of the Breakout shot still without motion blur (for sake of time) I changed lighting direction more to the side to get a more sunny evening feel. The front wall is still totally off (somehow I messed up the scale of the stones!) in the next step I add some motion blur and hopefully manage to finally correct all my material errors :-)

Name:  Breakout - without motion blur.jpg
Views: 1103
Size:  146.4 KB

Much better lightning ! I think direct light suits this building more as diffuse cloudy, because it reveals the shape better.

Wow, look how much you've done in just a couple of days! This image looks really strong - the sunlight and those butterflies are just gorgeous together. The positioning of the butterflies has a lovely balance within the overall composition, too.

And the colour of the butterflies is perfectly legible against both the light sky and dark building - if I'd taken a photograph this well-metered I'd be over the moon!

Quote Originally Posted by Daveybot View Post
    Wow, look how much you've done in just a couple of days! This image looks really strong - the sunlight and those butterflies are just gorgeous together. The positioning of the butterflies has a lovely balance within the overall composition, too.

And the colour of the butterflies is perfectly legible against both the light sky and dark building - if I'd taken a photograph this well-metered I'd be over the moon!
    Thank you for your kind words, i am a little more pleased with it now, still not totally satisfied though....but at the moment I will put it aside and try to get the indoor shot done.