Clicky

The Museum by Jamie Holmes - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jamie Holmes

Sweet. It really looks like you've been doing this all your life!
    Visit my blog

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beautiful model with very nice reflections. I would say that the headlights are just a bit flat in my opinion. However this is minor.

That is a smooth looking car. Great job!

Quote Originally Posted by BBB3 View Post
    Sweet. It really looks like you've been doing this all your life!
    Quote Originally Posted by coochie View Post
    Beautiful model with very nice reflections. I would say that the headlights are just a bit flat in my opinion. However this is minor.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedFedora View Post
    That is a smooth looking car. Great job!
    Thanks, there is still a little bit to be done in terms of materials but I will move back to the museum and surroundings now.

Here is a shot of the Cobra in the scene. I really need to sort out the trees and surrounding buildings.

Name:  NNG_Cobra_010_sm.jpg
Views: 1557
Size:  184.2 KBName:  NNG_Cobra_011crop.jpg
Views: 1521
Size:  187.2 KB

I agree with the others, great looking car. Did you add a little warping bump map on the panels?

Quote Originally Posted by egmehl View Post
    I agree with the others, great looking car. Did you add a little warping bump map on the panels?
    Cheers, There is no bump on the paint shader. Its probably because my mesh is not perfect.

I couldn't resist doing another shot. I have done a bit of camera exploring - TBH I'm finding difficult to find some great shots.

Name:  NNG_Ext02_sm.jpg
Views: 1384
Size:  60.2 KB

I have used Streetview to go around the building and mass up some of the adjacent buildings and grab some elevational material. If necessary I will work up these for specific shots.

Name:  NNG_surrounds_SG.jpg
Views: 1380
Size:  75.5 KB
    Last edited by otoh; 07-06-2012 at 12:23 AM. Reason: Added image

Your modelling skill is superior. All these nice cars here.

Default The Courtyard

Quote Originally Posted by hoeseste View Post
    Your modelling skill is superior. All these nice cars here.
    Cheers, the only car I have modelled myself is the Cobra. All the others I have only done the shaders for.

I have started to work up the courtyard. I originally was going to leave this area alone and just stick to the upper level but I think the water feature could add some more interest to the images.

I have also been trying some different options with how the cars might be displayed. I have made some illuminated signs to be on display too. At this point in time I'm not sure if I will use the manufacturer names as I have in the Porsche image below - I might use some other words?

Name:  NNG_Ext03_sm.jpg
Views: 1158
Size:  54.4 KB

I have also been playing around with some post techniques. Below are the two options, the first has just some levels applied in Photoshop and the other has had quite bit more done in Camera RAW and PS.

The courtyard tree is also a new model I made using Exlevels GrowFX - It still needs some work, especially the leaves.

Name:  NNG_Ext04_sm.jpg
Views: 1219
Size:  105.9 KB

Name:  NNG_Ext04_CR+CP_sm.jpg
Views: 1170
Size:  120.6 KB

I definitely like your idea of including the water. Plus I think the top level gets all the attention so it's good to show this courtyard.

nice shot, how many time take you one shot in this quality? and how many SL did you use?

Quote Originally Posted by egmehl View Post
    I definitely like your idea of including the water. Plus I think the top level gets all the attention so it's good to show this courtyard.
    Cheers, Yeah we haven't seen many shots of the courtyard yet but I'm sure there will be more.

Quote Originally Posted by valdesfdo View Post
    nice shot, how many time take you one shot in this quality? and how many SL did you use?
    Thanks, I left this render over night for 15hrs. It only reached SL 13 so it was still quite noisy at its original size which was 3000px tall. It doesn't look too bad when it has been sampled down to the size I posted.

Default Tutorial on Adding Backgrounds in Maxwell

Quote Originally Posted by otoh View Post
    Hi again

This is my latest update. I have tweaked all the materials - still trying to get my head around this part of Maxwell. I am using a photo for the background at the moment - This may or may not change.

I have altered the model a little because some parts didn't feel right and I have also removed the LCD light tracks as I believe they were installed later as I am trying to go for a 60s/70s feel. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any decent images of the interior without the LCD Light tracks.

I still have a few cars to texture up and I am struggling to find people of the right era for the images.
    I will start playing with some camera angles and some more content relevant to a car exhibition.

There is always more to be done!

This image obviously has a bit of post done in Photoshop - I might do some B+W images too.
    Attachment 8379

Hi where did you get the background image (google earth??) and how did you put it in the background etc.

Thanks in advance