Clicky

The Museum by Jamie Holmes - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jamie Holmes

Nice color grading and bokeh in the background. I feel the car looks like a toy with this focal length.
    Good luck!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by coochie View Post
    Nice color grading and bokeh in the background. I feel the car looks like a toy with this focal length.
    Good luck!
    Thanks, This building has a funny scale thing where things appear miniature with the very high stud. I kinda liked it - it emphasizes this apspect of the Gallery. Maybe the Aperture is a little low.
    Goodluck to you too.

I have started to work the materials up from the exterior to add to the realism. I must admit I am struggling to add the finer details to the shaders. I'm not sure what slot the maps should be in. Oh well more testing I suppose.

I have decided to start modelling a car. I have chosen to model the Shelby Cobra 427. I have modelled many things before but never a car so this could be interesting. I will post some screen grabs of that progress soon. In the meantime here is another shot of the NNG with the DB5. (the noise was added in Post)

Name:  NNG_Ext01_sm.jpg
Views: 1654
Size:  210.8 KB

Default Cobra Modelling #1

A small update. I have started to model the Cobra. I hope to get a decent chunk done this weekend. I don't think its going to be the greatest model in terms of polys (it will probably be much higher than it needs to be) but it should look the part.

Name:  NNG_Cobra_001.jpg
Views: 1669
Size:  46.3 KB

The drawings I have in the viewport are only a guide. I'm mostly free styling from photos off Google. Hopefully this will add to the handmade look of the car

Default Cobra Modelling #2

Pretty slow going here. Just another update on the car modelling. I didn't get as much done this weekend because the WRC was here in New Zealand so I was following the Rally guys all over the countryside. Loeb won again, he is unstoppable!

I hope to get this car finished by the end of the week - I will keep posting updates as I go.

Name:  NNG_Cobra_002.jpg
Views: 1431
Size:  39.7 KB

Looking very good already! You obviously know your old-timers!
    Visit my blog

love the one with the Aston in it

(I read Goldfinger when I was 11, and have been an Ian Fleming nut ever since!)

Default Cobra Modelling #3

Quote Originally Posted by BBB3 View Post
    Looking very good already! You obviously know your old-timers!
    Yeah, to tell the truth I would like to be building one of these for real!

Quote Originally Posted by sdwhitton View Post
    love the one with the Aston in it

(I read Goldfinger when I was 11, and have been an Ian Fleming nut ever since!)
    The DB5 is a beautiful machine!

Another car model update. I'm getting there - there are still a few parts that need tidying up like around the door and I need to widen the rear tyre. There is still the interior too. I may do the engine bay as well but I will leave that for last if there is time.

Name:  NNG_Cobra_003.jpg
Views: 1412
Size:  124.6 KB
    Name:  NNG_Cobra_004.jpg
Views: 1330
Size:  95.0 KB
    Name:  NNG_Cobra_005.jpg
Views: 1342
Size:  189.2 KB

Default Cobra Modelling #4

SO the Cobra is basically done. I still need to unwrap a few things and I may add some more detail based on the shots I end up going with. I will try and do some renders with materials over the weekend.

Name:  NNG_Cobra_006.jpg
Views: 1225
Size:  33.3 KB
    Name:  NNG_Cobra_007.jpg
Views: 1232
Size:  42.0 KB
    Name:  NNG_Cobra_008.jpg
Views: 1201
Size:  31.2 KB
    Name:  NNG_Cobra_009.jpg
Views: 1208
Size:  51.4 KB

Wow, really nice modeling! Its coming along very great. What shader did you use for the metal beams on the roof. They look very natural and weathered! Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by arvidurs View Post
    Wow, really nice modeling! Its coming along very great. What shader did you use for the metal beams on the roof. They look very natural and weathered! Thumbs up

Thanks, The material for the beams is a mix of stain maps I got from CG textures. That section of roof is unwrapped and I have made about four different maps. If I pull the camera back you would see some repetition so I may have to make some more based on what camera views I end up with

Quote Originally Posted by otoh View Post
    SO the Cobra is basically done
    so you just 'throw in' a fully detailed Cobra model?! impressive to say the least..

model looks great and very much looking forward to seeing it in the museum.

Default Cobra Materials #1

Hi

I spent a chunk of the weekend unwrapping parts of the cobra which I will make some detailed maps all dependant on what features in my final shots.

Here is a 30min render in Maxwell of the car so far.

I think I will move back to the props inside the building (other than cars) for a while.

Name:  Cobra_002.jpg
Views: 1704
Size:  33.0 KB