Clicky

The Museum by Bertrand Benoit - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bertrand Benoit

OK! how many people have given up after seeing this lol
    Well done bertrand...can you now finish mine haha

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Very nice grading for the third one but I think the first matches more with this odd environment. You didn't waste any time... very good job!

looks way to good allready
    personally I think the color versions are much better than the black and white one .....i can almost feel the heat

I think the Tate Weather project concept is great and you implemented in great way.
    for my blog and tutorials:
    www.pixela-3d.com

Thanks all.

Had to take a bit of a break. Just experimenting with vegetation here. 2 types of trees, modelled in GrowFX. At 2 and 3m polys respectively, they will probably be way too heavy given that I will need many more different types than that. Still haven't figured the thin SSS material either. My leaves come out grey.

Name:  Test10.jpg
Views: 3058
Size:  47.8 KB
    Islant, glimpse and lasse1309 like this.
    Visit my blog

Fantastic image, Bertrand, the thin SSS material sometimes is difficult to find the good configuration of the leaves with him, but from this distance yours look quite well, in my opinion.

Greetings

Looks very good so far. As usual your materials are amazing and your trees are very convincing to me. I agree with "coochie" the colour in the first image in your previous post is very nice.

Wow this is amazing! And I love the use of the formulas. I need to learn how this all works. Any recommendations?

Hi Bertrand, looking good already, although the kind of postwork you apply to your renderings -in my opinion-(magic bullet probably?) is very similiar to your V-Ray stuff robbing them of a bit of the beauty that Maxwell is able to produce on its own. It's of course a matter of personal taste but I think we have seen the "heavy vignetting meets cross process meets chromatic abberation" look for quite some time now.
    I have also been revisiting the site a few days back and I found out that the surrounding stoneblocks (the curb so to speak) on the base are very polished. The out of focus stone in front of your camera would strongly reflect the surrounding. The pavement blocks on the other hand are in fact dull as hell.

Regards,

Ben

I give up.

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

Ben: Thanks for the pointers. The stone blocks surrounding the perimeter are indeed a lot more specular than the tiles. That should be visible in some of the earlier images I posted. It is not obvious in the last image above because of the huge amount of direct light that falls on the stone surface and "kills" all reflection.

Post-production is indeed largely a matter of taste. Since this is about photorealism, however, I think I will work my renders quite a bit, using photographic effects, in order to bring them to the next level. I agree, though, that it shouldn't be over the top and always stay plausible.
    Visit my blog

A bit more modeling. Some props and buildings. A little work on shaders for a light after-the-rain feel (not entirely sold on this yet). I see the risk of getting bogged down in modeling the surrounding buildings. I want to do most or all of the images in 3D, but I'll have to find a speedier workflow than for the church...

Name:  Test11.jpg
Views: 2098
Size:  21.9 KB
    Name:  Test12.jpg
Views: 2027
Size:  48.5 KB
    Name:  Test13.jpg
Views: 3124
Size:  52.1 KB
    Name:  Test15.jpg
Views: 3443
Size:  53.1 KB