Clicky

The Museum by Bertrand Benoit - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bertrand Benoit

Ae ! Ae ! Ae ! Is it a real photography on background or 3D too? You rock Bertrand. Oh and as a more personnal question, are you french ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Yeah. As BBB3 said the originals also look "tiled/mirror". You could eventually mirror the tiles. Like Mies' Barcelona Pavillion. Mies approves the tiling.

Quote Originally Posted by Julien View Post
    Ae ! Ae ! Ae ! Is it a real photography on background or 3D too? You rock Bertrand. Oh and as a more personnal question, are you french ?
    The 2nd picture is a real photograph.

Quote Originally Posted by BBB3 View Post
    Yes, definitely need to settle on a couple of cameras and work from there. I won't have enough time to model the entire environment.

Here is a texturing and shading test (with a tiny bit of postwork). I modelled the marble pillar with individual slabs. It's not easy to get back into the Maxwell materials system after such a long time away.

Attachment 8472

Well i m trying not to be Afraid of this :P but Still dont knw whats abt to come from your side

Quote Originally Posted by BBB3 View Post
    Yes, definitely need to settle on a couple of cameras and work from there. I won't have enough time to model the entire environment.

Here is a texturing and shading test (with a tiny bit of postwork). I modelled the marble pillar with individual slabs. It's not easy to get back into the Maxwell materials system after such a long time away.

Attachment 8472
    Hi Bertrand...

I plugged this image on your first post here, just so you and others can see how the thumbnail of your thread is being automatically updated this way

Keep going!

Thanks for the kind feedback, guys.

Here is a quick update on the tiles. I've been thinking about how to emulate something like Multitexture for Maxwell and couldn't come up with any cleverer idea than doing it the hard way: by assigning different Mat IDs to different tiles and plugging all these mats into a MultiSubObj mat.

So here it is: 26 individual tiles = 26 individual materials. Editing these one by one, as I had to do when I realised the mats were not set up right, is not fun.

There is a little but of random rotation and translation on the tiles in order to break up the continuity.

Name:  Tiles1.jpg
Views: 2453
Size:  188.7 KB

Name:  Tiles2.jpg
Views: 2423
Size:  215.3 KB

Name:  Tiles3.jpg
Views: 2397
Size:  207.2 KB

Name:  Tiles4.jpg
Views: 2449
Size:  234.4 KB
    bakbek and guillaume like this.
    Visit my blog

Yes, I did it with this method a while ago, but it was driving me crazy. I tend to use huge maps now, baked with scanline+multitexture onto an modified Floorgenerator mesh.

Ben

Hi Bertrand,

just a thing, if you use FloorGen from cgsource (which i think you could do for these tiles) it'll automatically assign different mtl ids for your tiles. I dont use multitexture even with vray, always just multisub, and it works great this way.

Nice image btw.

Take care
    Sz.

Bertrand and Brosdau scare the hell out of me hehe

interior render is very nice,
    i use also floor generator and baked material because multitextures don't supported by maxwell

Thanks guys.

(Julien: I somehow missed your comment. Yes, I am French!)

Here is an update. I've now unwrapped and textured pretty much all parts of the modelled and tweaked or remodelled the geometry when necessary.

The centrepiece of the exhibition is very much derived from the weather project. As discussed earlier, I merely transposed it from 2D to 3D, using the same device (a mirrored ceiling) as in the Tate to give the illusion of a complete sphere.

I then fooled around with angles and mood to try and sharpen the concept. Next step will be settle on an angle and proceed with modelling the required environment.

Name:  Test3b.jpg
Views: 2166
Size:  42.6 KBName:  Test4.jpg
Views: 2175
Size:  38.2 KBName:  Test8.jpg
Views: 2545
Size:  47.9 KB
    glimpse, Giona4, AdrianS and 1 others like this.
    Visit my blog

Olafur would have approved. Looks really good.