Clicky

The Museum by Bertrand Benoit - Page 10
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Bertrand Benoit

this is looking really polished now. this last set is fantastic and really shows off the amount of work that has gone into this.

i'm a big fan of black and white, but for me the colour images are working best.

whatever you decide, i'm sure the final result will be excellent.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Kudos Bertrand for the work you have done in creating this Environment around
    I would definitely love to have the colored rendered for the Final it makes me Feel that its really happening and im there at the site Waiting for the Finals .

Btw even if theres a upcoming challenge of creating Environment of particular City / Place you would go Ballistic on that

Quote Originally Posted by BBB3 View Post
    Thanks Lasse,
    I'm a bit torn between B&W and colour myself, which is why I floated both options here to try and get some feedback. I like the starkness of the B&W images, but I think they also take away a lot of substance from the original renders and may also be downplaying the sun as what probably should be a pretty central element. So perhaps the solution is, as you say, to desaturate the image a bit without completely losing the tone. Not sure if it would lose some impact, though...
    B
    yes, maybe that might be a way - or you would try to give the whole image a more reddish/orange feel. like as if the sun inside replicates the real sun or something. would be a great inside/outside theme as well which also goes well together with the theme of the building somehow..

Excellent! The first one is the most impressive in my opinion. I would not light the church so much, my eye is a bit diverted by that part or may be you could light the trees on the left to balance. Whatever great picture!
    I enjoyed the second one too. This is so strange to see this white area. What is interesting I think, is that you're not influenced by color of course. I mean if you forget or if you don't know the installation, you really ask yourself "hey, what is this white hole???". Moreover, the contrast works well with the sky. If you look above the horizon, your picture is divided in two parts : left bright, right dark. it suits very well.
    Hats off!

Quote Originally Posted by BBB3 View Post
    Thanks Lasse,
    I'm a bit torn between B&W and colour myself, which is why I floated both options here to try and get some feedback. I like the starkness of the B&W images, but I think they also take away a lot of substance from the original renders and may also be downplaying the sun as what probably should be a pretty central element. So perhaps the solution is, as you say, to desaturate the image a bit without completely losing the tone. Not sure if it would lose some impact, though...
    B
    This is interesting... When Maxwell 2.0 released, I found myself desaturating all my renders out of maxwell to black and white because I was overwhelmed with over saturated colors appearing through renders which I was not used to. I remember bringing up rendering true colors in screen space in an unbiased renderer was much like changing a film back on a camera from negative color to chrome film, hence forcing users to shoot with a different film than they were used to.

Imagine using Kodak Portra 100 and then switching to Fujia Velvia 100 for the same shot.

From this I've found more photographic expectation out of maxwell 1.7 opposed to maxwell 2.0+, although there are nuances past the 2.0 release which make using the software more feasible/usable in production.

I find myself switching to b+w in post when I'm unhappy with, and frustrated with color grading in post production through any renderer. Switching to black and white tells me what I need to know in terms of lighting balance as well as contrast in order to set a desired standard. Much like shooting multiple Polaroid backs prior to the "money shot". Most of the time I find myself switching to black and white when I've overworked the post/color grading in an image.

Just as shooting architecture with a camera, be it a traditional film camera or fancy new SLR, rendering architecture with a programmed camera in cartesian space shares the same underlying principle. That is to say, in old school terms, that its all about the vision, the lens and the film according to a given shot.

There's a root value involved which is often easy to overlook. Sorry for the rant...... Dig into the roots.....

Default Finals

Sooo... After much pondering and agonising, here are my finals, largely based on the feedback I received:

Name:  Final2_BBB3viz_NNG.jpg
Views: 2178
Size:  57.6 KB

Name:  Final1_BBB3viz_NNG.jpg
Views: 3018
Size:  53.6 KB
    Visit my blog

After 2 months of excitement of your thread i really love the Finals I wish i can see some more Interiors probably to enjoy it more
    Good Luck Bertrand you are a Inspiration .

Too late to render at full scale, but it's something I always wanted to try:

Name:  TestNight.jpg
Views: 1082
Size:  36.9 KB
    bakbek, otoh, nightreelf and 1 others like this.
    Visit my blog