Clicky

Glass bottle wall!!

Thread: Glass bottle wall!!

Post Glass bottle wall!!

Hey guys,

I have a friend in Cambodia who has started an "NGO" building schools for underprivileged children around Cambodia. Personally i think it is a beautiful thing that she is doing for the country! When i last visited her she had started her first project and the idea was to build the school out of as much recyclable materials as possible. To be honest she succeeded! One of my personal favorites is the Glass bottle wall.

ONE IN PRODUCTION
    Name:  Glass bottle wall in production.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  101.8 KB

AND ONE CLOSE TO FINISHED
    Name:  Glass bottle wall.jpg
Views: 1290
Size:  144.9 KB

This was and is a brilliant idea and from getting the bottles donated from around the country made the recycling bit even better. Either way the planning and construction for my friend to manage was a nightmare being this was something never done before in Cambodia and she had never done either. The pure architect side of the build was amazing, cutting glass bottles in hlaf with water and washing up liquid!! no tools required! There was also some hilarious times! where the wall would all fall down due to lack of cement or when they are taking cement up high and the bucket tips... I even wen't and brought her a construction book for dummies for sale in Khmer (Cambodia language) the look on her face was priceless. But either way it is almost finished and i will be adding more photos of the finished build!!

Do any of you have any pictures of glass bottle walls?? or something similar??

Post and lets see your ideas
    Last edited by Outsidethebo; 09-23-2016 at 08:01 AM. Reason: More information

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Come on guys i'm needing some glass bottle wall inspiration, a few ideas and different designs will go a long way!!!

Thumbs up

Name:  zgbottle.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  28.3 KB

Name:  zgbottle2.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  11.3 KB

Even thought not so ECO but my favorite so far
    Name:  zgbottle3.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  10.4 KB