Clicky

miniMAX#01 - The Black & White Towers - Page 8
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: miniMAX#01 - The Black & White Towers

Hello!

I'm new here. Here is my try from the original rendering.

Full resolution at: http://www.deviantart.com/download/2...el-d3iu4f5.png
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

nice work , add some more background elements to the scene to bring it alive.

I had finally a some time this week end to finish my first entry and to make another one.
    1st image took around 9 hours and 2nd image took around 7h.
    Last edited by newke; 07-22-2011 at 06:36 PM.
    bakbek, annkos, Islant and 8 others like this.

Hi Nicolas,

That first image of yours is amazing in that it really conveys the "life" in between the two towers. Great job! Not sure the monochrome fade to color was needed... why did you go for that?

And also - The lady in front... Why the white border around her?

---

The night view is impressive, but i think that if you added a little more to the foreground - not cutting them people there and showing the grounds were they are at, that would contribute a lot to the composition.

Cheers.

Hi Nicolas,
    I have to say, that I really like your approach. First image is impressive, I actually like that new approach with lady in front. It's different and it actually works for me.
    I would just say, that there only two things on first image which puts it little bit down. It is color band going through the first tree - I clearly see bands and I think that it doesn't look good and second think is blue color in the middle going over people. People on the left side are partly colored and people in the middle in the same distance from camera are completely monochromatic. It makes it bit unbalanced.
    Otherwise I think it is very good image. I like that one.

mousek

newke very nice render. Maybe white stroke is bad.

Thanks all for your replies and comments.

@Ronen :

That first image of yours is amazing in that it really conveys the "life" in between the two towers. Great job! Not sure the monochrome fade to color was needed... why did you go for that?
    I just wanted to try some diferent style this time, with the use of blue for the main color. Your contests are always a pretext for me to experiment on style and other stuffs

And also - The lady in front... Why the white border around her?
    I wanted her to be out of the rendering. Like a comic book girl or a collage. Il like the collage idea. I understand that this may "bad" for some, but i love it like that. She's my experimental creature.

The night view is impressive, but i think that if you added a little more to the foreground - not cutting them people there and showing the grounds were they are at, that would contribute a lot to the composition.
    I think this will oblige me to change the frame orientation from landscape to portait, and to add some more sky and change stuff to re-balance the composition. But i'm not sure. I have to test. What do you think about this Adam ?

@Adam : Thanks. Image updated below.

@Mousek : Thanks for comment.

I have made another version, more "traditionnal", less experiment, just to see what it look like that.
    Last edited by newke; 08-02-2011 at 12:15 AM.
    bakbek, Thomas and saulman like this.

This is my first post, so hello. It's good to be here.

I was inspired to sign up and have a go at this challenge when I saw some great results by newke posted on another site. I've been chomping at the bit waiting for some free time to get stuck in.

Anyway, today I found some. The attached was completed in under five hours from importing the 3DS model. It's mostly done with vray light materials and a bit of messing around in post with the colour. I hope you like it.

EDIT: Having re-read the original brief......this isn't actually in the heart of the city. I'll try to find the time to add some context. Treat this as a work-in-progress.

Hi res version here http://www.saulcaldwell.com/RB/RB-01.jpg
    Last edited by saulman; 08-15-2011 at 10:25 AM.

Newke : I like the new edited version, there is more balance to it and equal focus.

Saulman : nice image and the view is great. you could add some buildings maybe in the distance or left hand side, as it feels isolated, due to the nature of the building design.
    The boat could have some lights to bring it alive.

Thanks for your comments, Monad.

I've updated the image and added a layer of context. I think this makes all the difference actually and I can't believe I didn't do it in the first place.

I did consider lighting up the boat but didn't want to detract from the focal point which is the buildings.

www.saulcaldwell.com/RB/RB-01-a.jpg

I've made some changes as recommended and added another image. Total time spent on both of these has been around 7 hours. 5 for the skyline and a further 2 for the close-up.

Comments and crits are very welcome.

EDIT: Hi-res versions available here.........

http://www.saulcaldwell.com/RB/RB-01-b.jpg
    http://www.saulcaldwell.com/RB/RB-02.jpg
    Last edited by saulman; 08-18-2011 at 02:12 PM.
    newke and Monad like this.

cool stuff, looking much better now.