Clicky

A Tim Burton Visualisation

Thread: A Tim Burton Visualisation

Default A Tim Burton Visualisation

As part of my final year we are required to complete a modelling assignment, in particular, a modelling assignment in the style of Tim Burton. The set brief was to choose a photograph of our choice, re-create it and then ‘Burtonise’ it. Below is my first draft, there is A LOT more to do on this, both in the modelling, texturing and lighting department. I’ll post WIP up as it comes.

As always, Q's and crits are welcomed.

Tom

Fourdtom.wordpress.com

Which colour grading is better?

p.s. - for some reason when I upload the images to here the quality takes a serious dive.... :S
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by fourdimensions; 12-15-2011 at 03:03 AM.
    -----------
    www.fourdimensions.co.uk - - Freelance Artist Available for hire.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nice start! I'm new to arch viz, so can't really comment 'professionally', but I would say the left one is a bit more gloomy... and in my experience that is more Tim Burton like!

Default New draft...

Hi again all,
    The next stage with this image was to continue to populate the scene with overgrown foliage and generally boost the ‘un-kept’ feel. I started by simply boosting the rain concentration to add to the gloomy atmosphere and then went on to start to create the overgrown ivy which is commonly seen in the Victorian era. Render below, next step, more foliage and then on to texturing…

I realise I didn't mention what software I have been using -

Just V-Ray and Max at this stage.
    Last edited by fourdimensions; 12-13-2011 at 10:16 PM.
    Tickytoria likes this.
    -----------

Default Tim Burton progress.

Here is another instalment of my Tim Burton assignment. I have been progressing along with texturing while adding new props and so on, at this point I would say I am about 60% with texturing and 80% done on exterior props.

However, I have decided to include an interior scene to the project to give it that extra edge, so that is still to be done although I don’t see this taking too much time as I have a pretty good idea of what I want to do with that.

Anyway, below are two updated renders, the one on the right is my first attempt of adding water droplets to the glass (since it’s raining outside…). This is going to take some serious tweaking as I am creating my own maps for this… in 3d…

Next on the list is to create the next particle system for the leaves and rubbish that will be blowing around in the wind, that should bring the scene alive nicely, especially in the animation. WIP to come.

One, other word. Sorry about the low quality and noise, these renders were all done on low settings with the global sub divs halved for speed.
    Last edited by fourdimensions; 12-15-2011 at 03:11 AM.
    Tickytoria likes this.
    -----------

Default First submission today.

I wont go in to too much detail at this stage, but lets just say I have for the first time started using some very interesting features that the V-Ray camera allows for. Today was our first submission date for WIP, below is my submission.

Annoyingly, the more I do on it, the more I realise I have LEFT to do… it’s going to be a busy Christmas! – (Ornate metal work, gates, light fittings…. the list goes on…)
    leelou and Tickytoria like this.
    -----------

i like your up very much, not sure in Burton's style but very good light is here!
    Last edited by leelou; 01-03-2012 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by leelou View Post
    i like your up very much, not sure in Burton's style but very good light is here!
    Thanks, remember its a work in progress. Also I'm not sure if I mentioned yet that this is largely based upon Sweeney Todd, and as a result, the 'Burton' feel comes mainly in post which I wont be getting on to for a while yet. Thanks for the kind words :-)

Tom.
    -----------

Default Happy New Year – New Tim Burton WIP

Hi all,

First of all happy new years!

I’ve had work on hold over the majority of Christmas. Since I have been back at my Uni apartment I have started back working on my ‘Tim Burton’ Inspired project. I have made a number of changes + additions so far. The main ones to note are the addition of the ornate metal work e.g. the gate and the lighting down the left of the image. I have also added the leaf particles system which I have been meaning to do for a while now. The latest render is below. Any questions, don’t hesitate. I have had a lot of questions via e-mail. Instead go ahead and ask below. Much easier for me

Thanks,

Tom

P.s. - sorry for the low quality, these are only test renders. I'll crank the settings up further on in the production.
    Last edited by fourdimensions; 01-06-2012 at 09:01 PM.
    -----------

Good job on the gate!

Just some notes if you're interested:
    - on the right are shops, but then there is a gate and another shop? Wouldn't either both shops or none be behind a gate?
    - I assume only the middle parts of the gate a moving, so there would be anchor points to the ground/poles separating it from the side, but maybe that was still in the pipeline
    - with the barren branches on top and the leafs blowing, the ivy on the left seems a bit lively

Maybe just stating the obvious here, but keep up the good work

It's coming to life!
    "touch the earth lightly"

site
    facebook