Thread: MightyTiles Information & Help

Hi,

Sent you the download link via email, check it out

Ronen

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Insightful Light View Post
    Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone can help? I can't quite seem to get the English bond type to look how it should. The header bond isn't spacing as it should do - see attached renderAttachment 8393
    I've highlighted in red where the mortar joint lines through vertically all the way but this does not happen in reality - it should be more like the diagram attached: Attachment 8394
    I've tried all the settings I can in the trial version, also attached but just wondering if anyone else was having the same issue?Attachment 8395

Cheers,

David
    Hi David,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention

The problem has been recognized and a fix for this will be in place in v1.0.2

The next update to come out is v1.0.1 and that will fix a saving problem with unregistered versions. IT should be ready within 24hr. v1.0.2 will probably be ready sometime next week.

If anyone notices odd behavior in the patterns please let us know here.

Cheers

Ronen

Default Fix for the "mortar destroys pattern"-problem

Hi,

it's me, Dieter, I develop the plugin.
    Yes, I know this problem. It is due to fixed size mortar. If you insert between the bricks mortar of the same size the bricks will be pushed away. In single row with large bricks you have a smaller number of bricks as in a row with small bricks. Here you have a larger number of bricks. Therefore the small bricks will be pushed more apart resulting in a bad pattern.
    In the image below I illustrated the problem and also the solution for it. I will implement it asap
    The different sizes for the bricks or tiles will be computed automatically from the parameter in the GUI.

Name:  mortar and pattern.jpg
Views: 1706
Size:  55.4 KB

Best regards,
    Dieter

could you plz send me an e mail with the newer demo version 1.01?
    Would be nice. It also crashes when i load the Plugin in the Map Material Editor. THX

Quote Originally Posted by mRp1nK View Post
    could you plz send me an e mail with the newer demo version 1.01?
    Would be nice. It also crashes when i load the Plugin in the Map Material Editor. THX
    Hi,

version 1.0.1 only fixes an issuse for the full version. The demo version is not afflicted.

We had some problems with the demo version for 3ds Max 2011 (32 and 64 bit). I expected it to run nicely now as it does not crash on both of my test machines (and I also applied a fix for it).

Which version crashes? Is it the plugin for 3ds Max 2011?

Best regards,
    Dieter

sorry,
    i use the 3dsmax 2009 SP1 version with Vray 1.5 SP5. Is there anything to know about this combination?

Best regards and thx

mrp1nk

Hi,

oh, that sounds bad. No, never had problems with this combination yet.
    Well, as the demo version does not crash on any of my machines, I still have a workaround which I will apply, hoping that it will stop all crashing problems :-)
    I will send it to you as soon as it is finished.
    Presently I work on the fix for the "mortar destroys pattern"-problem. After that I will work on the workaround for the demo version.

Best regards,
    Dieter

Quote Originally Posted by Insightful Light View Post
    Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone can help? I can't quite seem to get the English bond type to look how it should. The header bond isn't spacing as it should do - see attached renderAttachment 8393
    I've highlighted in red where the mortar joint lines through vertically all the way but this does not happen in reality - it should be more like the diagram attached: Attachment 8394
    I've tried all the settings I can in the trial version, also attached but just wondering if anyone else was having the same issue?Attachment 8395

Cheers,

David
    Hi David,

I fixed the problem with the mortar as you can see in the second part of the screenshot.
    I'll do some testings and if everything wents fine, the update will be available very soon.

Best regards,
    Dieter

Name:  fix for v1.0.2.png
Views: 1473
Size:  384.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by mRp1nK View Post
    sorry,
    i use the 3dsmax 2009 SP1 version with Vray 1.5 SP5. Is there anything to know about this combination?

Best regards and thx

mrp1nk
    Hi,

well I think I found an even better workaround for the demo version. My first tests look quite promising \o/
    I will implement it the next days...

Best regards,
    Dieter

Hi,

looks like a great plugin........but after downloading the demo and materials I have no access to any tutorial?
    Any help?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ambiente View Post
    Hi,

looks like a great plugin........but after downloading the demo and materials I have no access to any tutorial?
    Any help?

Thanks
    Sure, I'm prepping a short guide to help you get started! will be up soon

Hi, do you know if it is possible to use mightytiles with thearender?
    thank you
    pier