Clicky

The Museum by Jérôme Gonsolin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jérôme Gonsolin

Default Jérôme Gonsolin

Hi Everybody !

First of all I would like to thanks Ronen for this great contest and wish luck to every participant.

still images of my final submition:
    Name:  jerome-gonsolin-generalView01.jpg
Views: 1247
Size:  36.6 KBName:  jerome-gonsolin-generalView02.jpg
Views: 1034
Size:  37.0 KBName:  jerome-gonsolin-InternalView.jpg
Views: 1038
Size:  41.2 KB

and here is the video:

Edit: bonus video of construction of the NNG sequence posted in page 2 !

I saw that some people did very fantastic things so i don't have any chances in this contest but it was very fun to do it. I wanted something different so it may explain my concept where the NNG is recontructed far away on another planet and alien civilisation. The exposition theme is: "Human architecture and scenes from planet Earth"...

Enjoy and good luck everybody !
    Last edited by 7daysGUY; 11-20-2012 at 11:17 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

My first question about the contest:
    How do I get the key for lumion pro version?

Ok, I've been watching all the 53 threads in the contest before to present my concept to be sure to avoid to do the same as the other contestants; so here is my idea and title:

Weightlessness

Based on that title, I would like to study and concive an imaginery world where gravity don't have the same influence than in our real world. It could take place in outter space or in some kind of "spatial satelite" or distant world...
    I won't describe too much the storyboard because i'd like to let the audience discovering the particular aspects of all this along with the advancement of the film...

Let's just say that i have in mind to "animate" floating objects in and out of the museum, using all that lumion can offer to do that. Maybe also a kind of "stargate" with art-works or famous buildings coming in and out from it.

To let people "visiting" the museum, I imagine a kind of glass corridor riding across the NNG building... Or maybe little spaceships like "glass cubes" with visitors inside... I have to dig this !

So, here it is for the "concept". As I only get to begin working next Sunday i'll give you more information as soon as i have something to show...

I'm concient that i won't be able to modelise a complex environment in that very short delays so i'd like to work on a nice mood instead of producing a complex but maybe boring video.

See you on my first WIP next Sunday.Every comment welcome !

I Just wanted to know if we can use copyrighted songs for the music of the film ?

And also It seems to take a VERY long time between the moment I write a reply and the moment it is published...
    Right now I have writen something like 6 messages and none has appear yet. Maybe the admin is too busy ?

Hi Jerome, thank you for the compliment. Love the zero-G concept. Please make some visuals soon. I would like to see this.

Hi everyone !
    here is my first WIP so to define a mood...
    I'm conscient i'm beginning very late in he contest but i was very busy till now so i'll do my best to achieve something interresting and original.

Name:  mood01.jpg
Views: 1280
Size:  42.8 KB

@Ronen : i know it's just a little WIP but do you think i can have my lumion key now? deadline is coming...

More Wips !
    I'm working on my futurist city and a contruction animation of the NNG that will come from a spaceship !

Name:  NNG01.jpg
Views: 1078
Size:  44.0 KBName:  construct02b.jpg
Views: 1110
Size:  48.8 KB

I still don't have any licence to render

Hi everybody !

Just you people to know i had my pro key just 2 days ago ! So i just began calculting a few hours ago !
    And i'm facing a unexpected problem rendering an animated sequence (1800 frames) of the construction of the NNG:
    it took 178 sec/frames !!! So I probably will calculate just parts of it because i'm running out of time...

here's a preview of NNG constructing itself from a spaceship:

Name:  Ufo01.jpg
Views: 1055
Size:  45.9 KB

It's really cosmic your idea!

Whe are all in run, but this is the last night!!!

Courage!

Nice job Jerome! I liked your unearth urban desing! Good luck!

Thank you for your comments Marius and Apostolos...
    But i'm afraid that result of the contest will let me far away from the winnners.
    The works provided are so much more good than mine !
    It's true i had only one week to spent for the contest and I in fact only worked 7 days on it (here is the explaination of my nickname for that contest !). I also get my key just 2 days before deadline so it was tricky for the calculations !!!

So here is my pronostic for the top 3 even if I cant' tell wich one will won:
    Felipe Roo
    Michael Betke
    Wenjun Yu

Talking about that i don't know when we get the result ? Maybe Ronen knows more about this ?

Have a good day guys and see you !

Interesting project. You really have a very different approach than everybody else. I think the outcome would be better if you are able to use Lumion 3.0 with the planar reflection function. Good job. Cheers.