The Museum / Lumion Challenge - Information & Terms.
Welcome to 'The Museum' Lumion Render Challenge.
Sponsored by the good friends at Act-3D - The makers of Lumion & 3D World Magazine.
Please read the blog announcement if you haven't yet...
More Information and Terms
August 15, 2012 - November 16, 2012
The NNG 3D Model :
Get the model on this page...
The NNG model was originally made in SketchUP by me and is provided in .SKP format as well as various other formats that were kindly shared by the The Museum Maxwell Render challengers. Please feel free to send me your converted model in the format of your application so I can post it here for the use of others in their favorite modeling application.
I do not consider this model complete as there are bits I still need to finish like the two inner stairs and facade doors, but you can go ahead and explore your entry with the current model and go about modeling extra bits as needed.
I focused on the architecture and marked down the site and immediate perimeter very roughly. It is your task to use this model as the base for your entry and do the site work needed according to what you plan to show. I highly recommend using Google Street View for this... I used it extensively during the modeling stage.
So... using the provided model as base along with recreation of the surrounding environment based on reference materials provided, and others you may obtain yourself online, you will have to create and submit a series of still images, but most importantly - an animation showcasing the NNG during an event of your choice.
Read the blog announcement for the full mission description.
How the Challenge will be run :
This challenge will be a Work in Progress (WIP) Challenge so that everyone can learn from each other and offer feedback and critique. Each challenger is required to submit WIP images / animations from the initial concept sketches to wire frame models, texturing in progress continuing to the final rendering of stills / animation and post production.
What will you do during the Challenge
- Enter the Challenge by registering to this forum.
- Create your Challenge thread using your real name for it and say hey!
- Get the free build of Lumion here and get cracking! (please make sure your account email is correct).
- Submit your WIP images & animation (via a video sharing service like youtube or vimeo) as you progress with your work.
- Participate in the challenge thread offering feedback for fellow challenger’s works.
- Submit your final entry by October 15, 2012 - 23:59 GMT.
You are encouraged to post on the Challenge forum as many WIP images & animations as you can. The minimum requirement is to submit an image / animation for each of these milestones – Concept Sketch (the function you plan for the NNG), Environment Modeling, Additional objects modeling, Texturing, Lighting, Rendering, Storyboard, Animation Draft, Post Effects and Composting, Final Images & Animation/s.
At the finish line you’ll need to submit 1 Animation of 2 to 3 minutes & 3 final still images. Try your best to keep within this time frame and aim at the low end. You’ll have a chance to add extra animations as supporting material, but your final piece needs to be a product of thought, following a pre-made storyboard and fit within a reasonable attention time span.
Aside to the core deliverables you’ll be able to add more stills and animation supporting your efforts and your story. Make sure you cover both Interior and Exterior of the NNG and do feel free to go way beyond it...
Final Animation Submission (The Main Item and focus in this Challenge) :
Your final animation should be rendered at Full HD size 1920x1080 pixels, 3 STARS quality, 30 Frame Per Second. You can further work it in post and add music as you see fit.
Final Images Submission :
Your final still images dimensions should be at Lumion Desktop Size of 1920×1080 pixels, but you can change the proportions within later post as you see fit as long as you keep the 1920 pixels size as minimum.
In both cases the original pure lumion output should be submitted along with the post worked final versions.
08-15-2012 07:55 PM
- You must register to this forum.
- Employees of sponsors can participate but will not be eligible for prizes.
- Any image or animation deemed to be the same or similar to one currently published will be disqualified for reasons of copyright liability.
- Any image or animation deemed to contain content that depicts explicit acts that are overtly violent, sexual, cruel or brutal will be disqualified.
- You must use Lumion to create your project. You will have access to a full featured pro evaluation license during the challenge (starting with free first).
- In case you use 3rd party items (trees, cars, furniture, 3d people, etc) you need to mention this - what is your own and what is not.
- The work you submit to this challenge must be your own personal works, groups and companies are not allowed.
- You must not publish the work during the challenge outside the dedicated forum, you are encouraged to link to it if you like.
- To be qualified, WIP (Work In Progress) images & animations must have been submitted during the challenge.
- All winners are required to write ‘making of’ articles to be eligible for prizes.
Go ahead and follow me on twitter. I’ll use it to send out challenge news using the hash tag #NNGLUMION so you can filter out all but the related news about The Museum Challenge with Lumion.
Terms and Conditions for Artists :
- The sponsors of this Challenge may use short-listed and winning artwork for marketing purposes in the context of the challenge.
- The sponsors agree to clearly credit the artist if any of his artwork is used.
- To be eligible for prizes, all winning contestants must provide detailed Making Of’s to be published on the ronenbekerman.com blog.
- ronenbekerman.com may use submitted artwork on it’s website or other media to promote or document the challenge.
- All artists will be contacted prior to any hard copy publishing for final image approval.
- No artwork will be used in any media without clear credit being given to the artist.
- No artwork will knowingly be sold, in whole or in part without the artist’s prior consent.
- Artists may to use the images created for personal promotion with mention to the challenge.
If you do not agree with any of the above terms and conditions, please do not enter the Challenge.
The Rules & Terms are subject to change.
Question regarding the competition rules here. How open is the interpretation for the word "event" here? I was thinking about taking a somewhat surrealist approach (we'll see if I can achieve it!..) so the "event" that was going on in the gallery.. could it be an abstract set of things one discovers in the gallery? (it's tough to put into words at this point.. just some ideas floating around in my head waiting to get worked out)
Tengo un problema ya que tengo la version free no me deja colocar un numero suficiente de componentes como arboles y un numero limitado de materiales entre otras limitaciones, entonces, no va a ver temporalmente como una version pro para el lumion durante la competencia? porque yo diria que hay cierta ventaja con los que ya tienen version pro...Saludos
"I have a problem because I have the free version will not let me put a sufficient number of components such as trees and a limited number of materials, among other limitations, then, will not see temporarily as a pro version for Lumion during competition? because I would say that there is some advantage to those who already have pro version... greetings"
Hi Ronen!... I'm quite excited about this challenge... I was trying to suscribe to it but I don't know why my thread doesn't show... I hope make it right!... Thank you... and see you soon in our postings!
Can't find the download link to the model or preview the Mies movie.