miniCHALLENGE#02 - RailClone
So, HOVER has ended not long ago, and the holidays are here so it's time for a new miniCHALLENGE, small and fast!
The good people at iToo Software recently released a new plugin for 3ds max, and in the seconed miniCHALLENGE of this forum we will celebrate this release and put it to good use! I give you - The RailClone miniCHALLENGE.
It will run from today, December 6th until January 31st... very fast and in time for Christmas. This will be a good time to download the LITE version of RailClone and start playing with it
About the RailClone miniCHALLENGE :
In this mini challenge you are being asked to submit 3d visuals using iToo Software's RailClone LITE EDITION Plugin in the process. RailClone is a 3DS Max plugin for parametric modeling based on custom geometry parts, definable by the user, and a set of construction rules. This new concept of modeling lets you to build complex and realistic structures for Architectural Visualization, Civil Engineering and Interior Design.
More about RailClone and the LITE EDITION :
RailClone includes a full library of preset models to create Fences, Railings, Barriers, Guardrails, Handrails or Walls. RailClone is not limited to a fixed set of primitives, you can use any geometry from the scene and define your own parametric structures.
Download RailClone Lite, the free version of the plugin and use it in your personal and commercial projects. If you are new to RailClone, see the Getting Started guide for videos, tutorials and more help in your first steps. You can see here the limits of the Lite version: RailClone Lite & Pro.
How will this miniCHALLENGE run :
as opposed to the much larger in scope Architectural Visualization Challenges going on here like GH HOUSE & HOVER, this one will be contained in a single thread. the first posts will be reserved for administrative and informational purposes, but all else is yours... you can freely post your work in progress or just final images, it's up to you. Take advantage of this opportunity to ask questions about RailClone or point out issues while using it. The good people at iToo Software will keep eyes on what's going on and will help you out were needed.
Rules & Criteria :
- Enter the Challenge by registering to this forums if you haven't yet.
- Employees of sponsors can participate but will not be eligible for prizes.
- Any image deemed to be the same or similar to one currently published will be disqualified for reasons of copyright liability.
- Any imaging deemed to contain content that depicts explicit acts that are overtly violent, sexual, cruel or brutal will be disqualified.
- Each participant is allowed to submit up to 3 images.
- RailClone LITE EDITION must be used , and clearly visible, in your submitted images.
- The deadline for submitting your final images is January 31st
- Judging will be conducted by iToo Software & Yours truly :-)
- Criteria for judging are based on composition, modeling, texturing, lighting, concept and mostly the showcasing of using RailClone LITE EDITION in your scene.
- You are free to post the renders you do here on other forums but with a link back to this mini challenge thread.
- All participants must provide reliable contact information in the forums profile, if information provided does not allow to contact you easily the placement & prizes may be adjusted accordingly.
- The sponsors of this mini challenge may use any of the submitted artwork and scene files as resource or marketing material.
- The sponsors agree to clearly credit the artist if any of his artwork is used.
- ronenbekerman.com may use submitted artwork on its website or other media to promote or document the challenge.
The Rules & Terms are subject to change.
Good luck & have fun :-)
10-20-2010 05:35 PM
so, the deadline is 2011 01 01 ?
Originally Posted by bakbek
I think I havea good idea for this ... will post in a couple of days