Clicky

Apartment Interior

Thread: Apartment Interior

Default Apartment Interior

Hi, this is my first ever WIP post in any CG forum. Im working on apartment interior which is located in Latvia. Software I'm using - C4D+VRay+CS6.
    Comments and critiques are very welcome!

Cheers,
    Yurii
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by YuriiMurii; 05-22-2013 at 02:56 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Good to see another user using C4D with Vray. The interior is looking good so far... just have to focus on details. For example, either cornices or some sort of beading in the corner of the ceiling/wall intersection. That mirror is unrealistic. You would never get a one-piece mirror that size. Put some breaks in it at a common interval. The lighting looks a little office-like. Maybe tone it down a little, so it feels a little more residential or "homey". In my opinion, the floors and walls are too close for comfort in terms of texture and color.... but thats up to you really. Put some stuff on the desk. I'm assuming it would like have a phone and notepad or something on it.... maybe a plant/bunch of flowers.

Just some ideas to run with.

Cheers,
    Brad.

Also, it looks like the lights in vraylights in C4D aren't set to have a natural fall off.... check that aswell. It will make the lighting a lot more natural without having to fuss about with the intensity settings

Hey Brad, nice to meet fellow C4D user. )) Thanks for your feedback, I agree with most things you said, and I actually already fixed some )) About lights, you're talking about UNchecking No Decay? Or there is some other setting that affects fallow Im not aware of?

Cheers,
    Yurii

Yeah... the No decay check box should be unticked. And the decay setting should be set to inverse square. Are there any windows at all in the hallway anywhere? IBL lighting can always help aswell.... so if there is even a window behind the camera somewhere, some natural light would really add some realism to this shot.

Also, if that metal material is meant to be a chrome-style metal, it needs some more work... it looks a little odd at the moment.
    Good work though!

Cheers,
    Brad

Quote Originally Posted by YuriiMurii View Post
    Hey Brad, nice to meet fellow C4D user. )) Thanks for your feedback, I agree with most things you said, and I actually already fixed some )) About lights, you're talking about UNchecking No Decay? Or there is some other setting that affects fallow Im not aware of?

Cheers,
    Yurii